Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting some 18 x 8.5 front and 18 x 9.5" wheels. MY QUESTION IS.... WILL THE FRONT WHEELS FIT WITHOUT SPACERS ???? I do not want to use spacers. The wheels i'm interested in are from mymercedes.com.... they are brabus monoblock vi replicas (i originally wanted the real deal but they are about 5ggggssssssssss !!) the wheels look great but i'm afraid I may get some rubbing with the 8.5 width. I've seen posts stating that spacers were needed for 8.5" wheels and i've also seen posts which state that no spacers were needed for 8.5 fronts.... THE WHEEL I WANT HAS AN 85MM OFSET. ANYONE WITH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

THANKS
RR

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
I've run my 8.5 x 18 AMG 230 wheels with the stock Pirelli 245/35 x18 tires (that came on the rear of my SLK55) on the front and they seem to be just fine. No rubbing or clearance problems that I can identify with full steering wheel lock during hard cornering on a skid pad.

Now, I sure would like to fit the 9.5 x 18 AMG 230 wheels from an SL500 on the rear, but Luke at the Tire Rack says they will not fit.

Can someone please try this or take a trip to the Tire Rack in Indiana and see for sure?

·
Registered
SLK350 350Z
26 Posts
You can easily fit 18x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear without using spacer. Look for offset between 30 to 38 and make sure the wheel is hub centric. I'm pretty sure that the offset on the wheel you're looking for is 35.

Why don't you go with real Brabus MB VI 1-pc instead of replica 2-pc "LOOK"? The quality is going to be much better. German made wheel compare to Taiwanese made wheel.

rramos - 3/28/2005 10:12 AM

I'm interested in getting some 18 x 8.5 front and 18 x 9.5" wheels. MY QUESTION IS.... WILL THE FRONT WHEELS FIT WITHOUT SPACERS ???? I do not want to use spacers. The wheels i'm interested in are from mymercedes.com.... they are brabus monoblock vi replicas (i originally wanted the real deal but they are about 5ggggssssssssss !!) the wheels look great but i'm afraid I may get some rubbing with the 8.5 width. I've seen posts stating that spacers were needed for 8.5" wheels and i've also seen posts which state that no spacers were needed for 8.5 fronts.... THE WHEEL I WANT HAS AN 85MM OFSET. ANYONE WITH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE HELP !!!!!!

THANKS
RR

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE REPLY GUYS....
I'VE DONE ALOT OF RESEARCH THROUGH THIS FORUM AND I SEEM TO BE GETTING DIFFERENT ANSWERS REGARDING THE FITMENT OF 8.5 AND 9.5 WHEELS.... I BELIEVE THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE WITH THE FRONT WHEELS @ 8.5"... SOME OF THOSE WHO HAVE THIS WHEEL SIZE WITH AN OFSET OF 35 REPORT USING SPACERS BUT OTHERS DONT.... I DONT KNOW WHAT'S CORRECT... I CALLED BRABUS DIRECTLY AND THEY REPORT THAT ALL THEIR WHEELS USE SPACERS AND THE BRABUS REP EVEN TOLD ME THAT THE FENDERS HAD TO BE ROLLED... I DONT KNOW IF HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BUT HE SEMMED SOMEWHAT KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE TOPIC..... ANYONE HAVE ANY DEFINITIVE ANSWERS SO I CAN BUY THESE WHEELS.... A FRIEND OF MINE BOUGHT THE WHEELS FOR HIS SL 500 AND THEY LOOK REALLY GREAT... I BELIEVE THERE ARE PICS THAT MEMBER NUKE SLK POSTED...CHECK IT OUT THE WHEELS ARE REALLY INEXPENSIVE AND LOOK GREAT, THEY ARE ONLY 27LBS WHICH IS COMPARIBLE TO BRABUS MONOBLOCK 6 2PC FOR 1/5 THE PRICE. CHECK OUT .COM FOR DETAILS.... IF ANYONE KNOWS MORE DETAILED FITMENT INFORMATION OR HAS TRIED FITTING SIMILAR WHEELS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.......... THANKS RR

·
Registered
2005 CL55
16 Posts
rramos,
No problem, I feel your pain, and we're here to help, but SLK350Z's specs are correct. Ive done it all and rolled until my arms fell off on so many of my cars and friends cars its rediculous. I can tell you right now that the SLK for a fact does not need the rear fenders rolled. Why? Because there is nothing to roll on them. The rear fenders dont have the 1/2 inch inner lip like most MB's do. Sure you can roll it, but it will show like wavy gravy on the outside.

Stick with the offset listed above on SLK350Z's post, you'll line the wheels up flush without rubbing just like you want. They'll look like 10" wide! And if you think owning a German car is nice, wait until you slap German made wheels on it!

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
if the offset is 35mm, I've been told to play it safe and put a 5mm spacer in the front. I've got the MB VI coming Monday, and I am putting the 5mm Spacer in the front.

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
if the offset is 35mm, I've been told to play it safe and put a 5mm spacer in the front. I've got the MB VI coming Monday, and I am putting the 5mm Spacer in the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts