Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my car is in winter mode , I just baught my rims for this summer and I was wondering how bad will it look with 18" and original suspension ? If you have pix dont be shy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Alright so my car is in winter mode , I just baught my rims for this summer and I was wondering how bad will it look with 18" and original suspension ? If you have pix dont be shy :thumbsup:
no pics... but i could only imagine... BAD :shit not:

actually i think you can go to like discounttire.com or tirerack.com and actually see your vehicle with different rims on it. the car hieght would be stock, so you could see how it would look

·
Registered
210 Posts
check out my thread on here titled "upgraded baby".

... i have pics of my car with 20s and the ride height is stock, so you can see how it would look if they were smaller rims (people are already telling me to drop it lower lol ) :thumbsup:

while you're there... let me know what you think ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Just got some 18":
Front = 18 x 225 x 40 x 8.5J
Rear = 18 x 255 x 35 x 9.5J

Im gonna change the spring pads myself at the end of the month and will post photos of how she will look. But in the meantime here is how the car is sitting on stock suspension:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
By the way, do you have a photo of the Kompressor emblem you put on the running strip at the front of your car. I remember seeing it once... and I was thinking that on my black car the contrast would look lush! (Where did you get the idea)

·
Registered
791 Posts
By the way, do you have a photo of the Kompressor emblem you put on the running strip at the front of your car. I remember seeing it once... and I was thinking that on my black car the contrast would look lush! (Where did you get the idea)
Hi buddy. You're right, against your darker paint, they would look good!

I only have a couple of pictures of it - and only one of them is close up (below).
I will post new pics soon.

The idea:

Well, I first saw them on the SLK's - they have them in a similar place (but on the front wing). Then I saw simillar lettering on newer or more powerful Mercedes. So i figured that seeing as I have a Kompressor and seeing that the CLK is fairly long, I thought that it wouldn't look too out of place.

My guy at MB ordered them in for me. They are, of course, genuine Mercedes badges and were about £25 each I think (there's that MB pricing trade mark again - LARGE!! haha)

They are self adhesive and come stuck to a backing board (like a sticker).

The tricky thing is though, is that the letters are seperate from each other! So what I had to do is stick a strip or cellotape over all the letters, then carefully pryed them off the backing board using a blunt, clean knife (because they were stuck to the backing board better than they were stuck to the cellotape - and you don't want odd letters falling off the strip of cellotape!! :eek:

When I had all the letters dangling from the tape, I GINGERLY made my way to the car hoping that no letters would tumble to the ground and carefully pressed them into place.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts