Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of Brabus 18" MonoV's. Reqally happy, however, there is a rubbing sound eminating from the right rear wheel over bumps at highway speed with suspension in soft, lux mode. What is the common method for "rolling" the fender lip on the inside so as to avoid this problem. someone suggested taking an airsaw and cutting a 1/4" off the inside - needless to say I got out of there really quick. There has to be a better way or else they're coming off in favor of something else. How do the AMG's do it - same size tire.<br>
<br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rubbing...

Your M-B dealer can roll the fenders for you. They charge about $60 per fender for a C-class. I assume the price is similar for the S. Other shops can also do it if your dealer won't do it or quotes you a rediculous price.<br>
<br>
You were right to run from the guy that suggested cutting off the fender lip with a saw. It would eliminate the rubbing, but that lip has welds that are part of the structural rigidity of the fender. Removing it could cause rattles, rust, and inferior crash protection.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
Rolling the fenders

I just added 20" Monoblock VI to my s500. I drove today for the first time and the right back wheel hit the fender also. I will look into calling the dealer to see the cost. Brabus charges $400.00 to do so.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
another opinion

Before you go to the dealer. Brabus wheels come with extenders in the back. On my wheels there were 5mm on each wheel. I took those out and did the trick.

·
Registered
CLS 55...
131 Posts
Try this

I have 19" AMG wheels on my S-Class with 275 rubber, and the rear tires rub the inner fender a bit. My wheel shop said its not the fender itself that it is rubbing but actually a section of the inner plastic fender cover. if you look closely where the rear bumper starts to meet the wheel well, there is a section of plastic that extends a bit outwards, this section was sanded off and no more rubbing. No modification were made to the fender itself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
s500- 300td
92 Posts
thank you, I will try that and I also took out the wheel extenders that helped.

thank you, I will try that and I also took out the wheel extenders that helped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts