Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 c230 coupe... and honestly dont much bout rims and quality associated with it. I want to get 18 or 19s on it... Would like to lower alittle. not like a ghetto low rider.... but just to make it sporty enough. What all should i take into consideration when choosing the size? And also how would i know if i can take the cap off the original manufactures rim and put an MB logo instead....... any help is appreciated......thanks in advance!

·
Registered
c230 Kompressor
91 Posts
i say go for 18's... the bigger you go, the more you sacrifice for performance. i'm happy with my 17's eventhough they're stock size... but i wouldn't mind going up an extra inch.

also, the higher you go, the more you have to lower and the stiffer springs you need... keep that in mind for ride comfort. you can always get adjustable dampers but i think the more adjustment necessary for a bigger drop leads to more stress and less life of the shocks. these are just my opinions...

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
on the 8.5 width for the front the better offset will be ET28-29. ET38 won't give you any clearance if you are going to upgrade the brakes.

fitting 19" is not a problem.

·
Registered
2002 Silver C320, 19x8.5 19x9 , Eibach Pro, K&N, Alpine CD, JL, Zapco
88 Posts
19's fit fine with no rubbing at all if you match the tires and lowering. I have eibach springs and 19 deep dish, 8.5 and 9.5. Only the corner of the tires. I tried 3 sets of tires and found that Falken tires are tapered and does not rub. I have a system and have had 5 people in my car on sharp turns to rubbing.

·
Registered
2K1 C320 SS
772 Posts
its all according to where u live and the street conditions.. i live in NYC had 19" and they got bent pretty fast now am rolling on 18" 18x8.5 and 18x10

·
Registered
05' C230 Kompressor Sedan
47 Posts
midnight kompressor said:
i say go for 18's... the bigger you go, the more you sacrifice for performance. i'm happy with my 17's eventhough they're stock size... but i wouldn't mind going up an extra inch.

also, the higher you go, the more you have to lower and the stiffer springs you need... keep that in mind for ride comfort. you can always get adjustable dampers but i think the more adjustment necessary for a bigger drop leads to more stress and less life of the shocks. these are just my opinions...

I was set on buying 19's,but now after doing some research(locally here) I think I'm better off all around if I just go with 18's.I'm referring to performance issues like handling,speed and even weight(rims).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With 19s is there a big gap between the car itself and the tire? also- is there a big difference in height? and what bout the stock brake rotors/calipers,etc... mine are kinda rusty, so obviosuly it would look cheap to have nice rims but shitty lookin brakes..... anyone here have to deal with this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts