Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine came with the Sport Package so I just change them to the AMG wheels instead of the 16 inch it came standard in.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think so. But according to my dealer at the time when I ordered my car(direct from Germany). I requested to lowered the car but he insisted that I should drive the car around first before lowering as he mentioned the shocks are already stiff as I was getting 'Sport Package' model. So didn't bothered to change them so far. But I did noticed that most of the C Class around my city is quite high comparing to mine. So maybe mine is lowered a bit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,<br> <br> Do you guys know if i want to put 18' 255/35 on rear. What size of the wheels i should get like 18 x 8.5 or 18 x 9.5 for rear? Becasue someone told me that 8.5 can only fit upto 235 size and 9.5 will fit 255? Is that true. I thought i can have 255 or even wider on 18 x 8.5.<br> <br> Please advise.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A 35 profile tyre is for a 19' wheel on a C. Put those on an 18' and overall it will be too small. How wide you can go depends on the offset of the wheel, how much it sticks out from where it bolts on.<br>
Look at these 2 sites - <br>
<br>
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html<br>
<br>
about wheel/tyre sizes, and the one below about offsets.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops - I got it wrong

The 35 is right on the back for 18's in a 255; 9.5 is a better fit, but you have to be careful about the offset, and may have to roll the fenders.<br>
Sorry if I caused confusion, had a bad day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts