Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C240 Classic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got a set of 18 inch aftermarket rims and Kumho tires for my 2002 c240. The tire shop bored the centre out a little to make them fit better and added a plastic shim around the centre hub to make it tight against the rotor. When i'm driving 130+ km (highway), sometimes i experience a very noticeable vibration that even my seat shakes. is this normal when stepping up to 18 inch aftermarket rims (expected). If not, will alignment help? any suggestions please.

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
Too many things going on ... will be hard to troubleshoot.

new rims, adjustments to rims and plastic shim make them work, new tires with possible out-of-round problems or balancing needed, alignment . . .

·
Registered
CL230M
5 Posts
vibration problem

Likely your wheels need to be balanced. Even when I just switch tires on the same rims, I'll need to have the wheels balanced a couple of times (usually the first go isn't exactly right). I just put Pilot Sport Alpin's on my stock 17s and around 85 - 95mph I get a slight vibration. This occurred with my other tires as well and disappeared after I got the dealership to rebalance the wheels. Since I only felt the vibration in my seat and not the steering wheel, I assumed it was only the rear wheels that were imbalanced.

Best of luck.

Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea i had the same problem, just get the wheels balanced, that should do it....

yea i had the same problem, just get the wheels balanced, that should do it.

·
Registered
c 230 coupe
3 Posts
i had the same problem with my 19's, it was a problem with my hub rings

i had the same problem with my 19's, it was a problem with my hub rings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts