Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres how i just put a set of 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear AMG monoblock II wheels on a 1985 500 sec. The wheels i used were off a 1999 e55. The front wheels went on no problem. The rear wheels had to have 1/8 inch shaved off of the hub portion of the wheel. It cost me $100 bucks a wheel. It requires a CNC machine so dont do this youself. They fit perfectly no rolling the lip or pounding, fit like a glove. Requires the new longer bolts also. Hope this helps somebody. :)

·
Registered
1983 380sec(420 motor) w/ OHG-X450a LPG mixer & 3.27 LSD
51 Posts
Nice, Im putting on Amg hammer replica rims on my 1983 sec today.
18x8.5 18x245x40 fronts & 18x10 18x285x35 rears. Hope it will all fit well.

I know satish has the same setup except his car is a second generation one with i believe bigger front wheel wells. I also have the chrome fender trim on so i dont know how that will work(it has to be on because of problems under, so no choice)

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
420SEC, where can I find AMG hammer replicas?

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Paint Calipers?

Looks very nice.

Hope the ride hasn't deteriorated too much.

How about a nice set of flaming red calipers to show your attention to detail?

A set of Zimmermann drilled rotors would look nice too, great braking would be an added bonus.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ive just changed all four to slotted rotors. It will be some time before I will upgrade the lot.

My old stock wheels were bogged so it actually provided an improvement in all areas. (lucky for me)

Still a little rubbing on the left side, I might need to have more positive caster to match the right side. Perhaps rubber spacers above my springs although im unsure what nib spacers I currently have.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes it is. Supposed to be same heigh as H&Rs but they fucked up. Now I might have to invest in some new springs at the front, needs 1.5cm or so higher. Left wheel is rubbing over bumps. It might be able to be fixed by pulling back the wheel via caster. I know the right side caster is pulled back more and it dosent rub, or hardly ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts