Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my 17 inch wheels on my 430 with 18 inch wheel Mille Miglia Uno. The car started to vibrate heavily. I took it to my dealer and they said a wheel was bent. I replaced the wheel and it continued to vibrate. I was then told that 3 wheels are out of round. Anyone has any suggestions. Please.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430
29 Posts
I would think you need to go back to where you bought the wheels and get a refund or repla...

I would think you need to go back to where you bought the wheels and get a refund or replacement. Not a lot you can do on your own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old Rims

I am unsure. Until I get these wheels straight, I may need to hang onto them. However, I may be willing to part with them once this is resolved. Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 CLK 320 (sold) 2004 CLK 500 Cabrio (sold) 2005 CLK 55
8 Posts
You need to take your car to a tire/wheel shop that does "Computer Wheel Matching Balancin...

You need to take your car to a tire/wheel shop that does "Computer Wheel Matching Balancing". It is fairly expensive as I paid about $80.00 at Discount Tire. It will even balance a bent wheel. The process utilized laser beams to balance the wheels on the tire. This should resolve your dialemma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts