Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 SLC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of your guys are driving late models and have 17" and larger rims but I thought I would try here first. I am looking at a 2nd set of wheels for my SLC and most of the styles I like are in 17" and larger. I am sure 18s on up would not look right but maybe 17s would look alright? I want a larger wheel and smaller profile tire for spirited driving but don't want it to look goofy. Anybody see a 107 with 17s on it? Thanks! [:D]

·
Registered
450 SLC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What about factory 16" wheels from later models? Will they fit a 107? Should I go to the S...

What about factory 16" wheels from later models? Will they fit a 107? Should I go to the SL forum for an answer?

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
In my opinion, in order for your car to look good you need wheels from the same era as the...

In my opinion, in order for your car to look good you need wheels from the same era as the car. This means that 17" is out of the question.

16" BBS such as the one illustrated below could almost pass as a 70´s wheel, and looks great on a 107.

16" Lorinser deepdish looks more 80´s, but its a very attractive wheel:

If you settle for 15" size wheels, the 15" version of the MB original "Bundtcake" is another attractive alternative, but these wheels are quite dificult to find, at least in the US. The picture is from my wheels which are for sale (but they are located in Sweden).

·
BenzWorld W124 Host
1993 300E 3.2L 24V
1,088 Posts
I agree JQ. Those BBS wheels would look very very nice. The gold-silver match-up looks ver...

I agree JQ. Those BBS wheels would look very very nice. The gold-silver match-up looks very nice. Also looks good on a 911, but larger.

But I know what you mean about wheel size. I'm still pulling hairs on whether to go 16" or 17" on my 300E.

-Tubs

·
Registered
450 SLC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was thinking the 17s would look out of place and not fit with the lines of the f...

Thanks. I was thinking the 17s would look out of place and not fit with the lines of the fenderwells. I'll look for some factory options or a BBS wheel. I love the gold and chrome wheels but they would not go with the silver paint. Maybe a gunmetal BBS or the Ronal "Benz Wheel" I think R31 or something. Will some of the newer, 90+, factory wheels fit our cars or are the offsets too much/little? Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
My choice on a 300E would be 16

My choice on a 300E would be 16" "Flush" from a R129. If they fit that is, I think the W124 has a larger offset (49mm vs 33mm or something like that), maybe you need spacers.

BTW, I sold my 15" Bundt today (placed an internet add last night, sold them this morning, maybe I could have asked for more money...)

·
Registered
450 SLC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I was thinking the 17s would look out of place and not fit with the lines of the f...

Thanks. I was thinking the 17s would look out of place and not fit with the lines of the fenderwells. I'll look for some factory options or a BBS wheel. I love the gold and chrome wheels but they would not go with the silver paint. Maybe a gunmetal BBS or the Ronal "Benz Wheel" I think R31 or something. Will some of the newer, 90+, factory wheels fit our cars or are the offsets too much/little? Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
450 SLC
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will rims from a 190 fit? There are a set of 15" BBS wheels on ebay that came off a 190 2....

Will rims from a 190 fit? There are a set of 15" BBS wheels on ebay that came off a 190 2.6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts