Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello here is some pictures of my 50e 170 s street rod its not finisht yeat but soon.
I pot it on a chassi from a monte carlo 74 whith 350,th350 air suspesion
it been lowerd,stretched,widen twodoors and mutch mutch moore.

[/quote]

·
Registered
1967 250SE RHD, 1969 300SE L, 1989 560SEC with AMG upgrades, 1998 s600 coupe
772 Posts
Looks great man....It's good to see other people customizing vintage Benzes....A lot of people are against it but I am all for unique vintage Benz....Looks like you have done a ton of work and there is a ton to be done....I have been working on mine for 4 yrs now..... I just hope you don't make it look like an American tradional hot rod with Benz badges.....I hope you keep the luxury, the elegenca the rifned look that Benzes have.... once I finish my coupe, I want to start customizing a w187 chassis car (1951-52 220s)..... If you want my feedback, if you care for design advices let me know..... I would be glad to help out.... Check out my project...
67 Chopped Top 250se

·
Premium Member
72 280SEL 4.5(airbagged), race cars:88 560 SEL, 74 SLC, 67 200, daily: 99 C43, 06 E55 wagon
272 Posts
very cool, need to get back to work on my 108.

·
Registered
72 280 se 4.5 and a bunch of other german cars
33 Posts
i love it. only thing i would do differently is stick w/ a german engine. but thats just personal tastes much liek how ford guys cry when a sbc is dropped between the rails of a duece.

question is what color? the paint i think will make or break your work. dont think you could go wrong w/ a silver.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i love it. only thing i would do differently is stick w/ a german engine. but thats just personal tastes much liek how ford guys cry when a sbc is dropped between the rails of a duece.

question is what color? the paint i think will make or break your work. dont think you could go wrong w/ a silver.
Yes you are right. if i had been deside i go for all mb but then a have to regester it like an amatur boult here in sweden so its easear this way.and i am going for silver i allredy paint the dashboard.
im going to have the same silver as a have on my other mb i rebuilt that one 5 years ago.

·
Registered
1965 220se w111 *******1984 300sd w126 *******1991 350sd w126
911 Posts
Wow , I never thought of a Benz rod but that is some amazing work, simple and classy. Post some pics when primered or even a satin job for a while before doing the final. Excellent w111 also, I've had mine since '87. Later.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow , I never thought of a Benz rod but that is some amazing work, simple and classy. Post some pics when primered or even a satin job for a while before doing the final. Excellent w111 also, I've had mine since '87. Later.
Thak you.
my 111 is allso upgrated it got brakesystem from a 500e(not in the picture)and a280 twin cam engine and automatik from 1988 and power stering

·
Registered
1965 220SE sedan (finnie) with 450SE conversion, 1964 220SE coupe project, 1966 300SE coupe
448 Posts
Good stuff Beemmer, a lot of work has gone into that rod. The subtle touches are nice - like using the heater controls that match up to the dash shape. And the metalwork on the instrument cluster is nice.

Love your finny too. Can you tell me about what was involved in putting the twin cam (I presume M110) engine into your W111? I have one of these motors in my shed and a dead 220S motor in one of my cars, so if it is not too difficult, that may be a good option. What did you have to modify to make it work - tunnel, tailshaft, wiring?

Thanks, Drew

PS - are the fuel lines on your rod made of copper? If so, I got told not to use it as it work hardens over time from vibrations and may crack?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good stuff Beemmer, a lot of work has gone into that rod. The subtle touches are nice - like using the heater controls that match up to the dash shape. And the metalwork on the instrument cluster is nice.

Love your finny too. Can you tell me about what was involved in putting the twin cam (I presume M110) engine into your W111? I have one of these motors in my shed and a dead 220S motor in one of my cars, so if it is not too difficult, that may be a good option. What did you have to modify to make it work - tunnel, tailshaft, wiring?

Thanks, Drew

PS - are the fuel lines on your rod made of copper? If so, I got told not to use it as it work hardens over time from vibrations and may crack?
The engine fits pretty easy,i used the original motormouth and transmission, the tunnel was ok but need new hole for the shifter and shorten the tailshaft and the wiriring was easy to just get to it.good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now i done some more jobb on the 170s.
All the electric is done with elektik doors on remote and trunk and power window and more
The door panel is finish and som more i soon going to try start it up.

·
Registered
28 Ford roadster P.U., 83 380 se, 73 350 slc, 86 190E 2.3 16V, Ford F-250, 81 Harley Low Rider, more
22 Posts
Great job. It really sits well. I just finished up a rod built backwards from yours. Its a Model A with a Benz motor. I am trying to talk my nephew into letting me cut up his 58 220 s into a very similar car to what you are doing. He has not ready to let me slice it, but the photos of yours may change his mind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts