Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
1987 300D Turbo OM603
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some c250 Sport 17" wheels to put on my 87 300D. They fit fine but ran into issues with the lug nuts. Went to a tire shop to have them balanced and put on and the first lug they tried putting on ended up stripping out the rotor. I went across the street and bought some 12mm-1.50 off the shelf at a parts store and thought they were working until I couldn't move because they were too long and pushing into rotors. Unsure of what size I exactly need. Any help is appreciated.

W163 and General Mercedes Host
I bought some c250 Sport 17" wheels to put on my 87 300D. They fit fine but ran into issues with the lug nuts. Went to a tire shop to have them balanced and put on and the first lug they tried putting on ended up stripping out the rotor. I went across the street and bought some 12mm-1.50 off the shelf at a parts store and thought they were working until I couldn't move because they were too long and pushing into rotors. Unsure of what size I exactly need. Any help is appreciated....
Ryan,

Please update your user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save

1) At a glance, no one knows what you are driving, and most will brush past this thread.

2) NEVER take your MB into any shop unless they have proper knowledge of working with MBs. (what kind of tire shop strips out a rotor (thread)?? )

3) Do some basic homework or ASK here on the forum FIRST, before throwing $$$ at your MB
(unless of course, $$$ is no object for you).

Undercover Moderator
2002 SL BRABUS 5.8 Silver Arrow; 1992 SL BRABUS B11; 1996 S Class diplomat ride

Measure how long is the shank length in millimeter.....On your lug....^^^....

Once we have that information we could give a proper advice.....

Cheers,馃嵑

Registered
1987 300D Turbo OM603
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ryan,

Please update your user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save

1) At a glance, no one knows what you are driving, and most will brush past this thread.

2) NEVER take your MB into any shop unless they have proper knowledge of working with MBs. (what kind of tire shop strips out a rotor (thread)?? )

3) Do some basic homework or ASK here on the forum FIRST, before throwing $$$ at your MB
(unless of course, $$$ is no object for you).
I got the entire set of wheels and tires for $150 and they only charged me $50 to balance and attempt to mount. I feel as those it is my fault for not thinking different wheels would use different studs - I am still used to lug nuts.

View attachment 2628630

Measure how long is the shank length in millimeter.....On your lug....^^^....

Once we have that information we could give a proper advice.....

Cheers,馃嵑
The lugs I attempted to use were stock lugs from the stock wheels. They ended up not having long enough thread and/or being too long in general. The photos of the ones I bought from Auto Zone were able to tighten the wheel down unlock the OEM lugs but I could then not move as they were too long pushing into the rotor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts