Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190E 2.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have found a set of wheels that look a lot like the Evo II wheels. They were used on a brabus vito, and I kinda already made a deal on them.
Does anyone know if I can run the wheels like this, or will I have to run spacers or modify them to be less wide? I won't run the Vito tires of course haha.

My car is a 1991 190E 2.3.

·
Registered
190E 2.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
willtheyfit.com
I know that website. I've used it quite a few times. but it does not show me if it rubs or not. if i need spacers etc all that kind of stuff.
Hence I resorted to a forum, to see if people have run similar setups in the past.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Welcome. Very nice 190. Thanks for the picture. Off of the top of my head, I'm not remembering that EVO IIs had 17 inch wheels, maybe 16 inch?. The EVO IIs did have larger wheel wells than the standard 190 so it's probably not likely that these wheels will fit you car at least not without some serious rubbing.

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2, 99 SL500 Sport
1,734 Posts
Those look like the Evo styled wheels that came off a ML. If I recall, they won't fit without some work because of the offset.

·
Registered
190E 2.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The EVO II wheels were 17 inch. yes. The larger wheel wells is also true.
The wheels were used on a Vito. maybe also available on the ML.
But I guess I'll have to at least modify the front ones to be thinner?
The rear ones might be fine. Not sure

·
Registered
788 Posts
The wheel wells on a standard 190 won't fit the larger tires. The 16vs and the EVOs all had larger wheel wells than the standard 190.

·
Registered
89 190E 2.6 x2, 99 SL500 Sport
1,734 Posts
Actually only the Evo II had tubbed wheel wheels to fit bigger tires/wheels.
16V and Evo I just had the fender flares.
If you're going to try and make them work, I would try 215/40/17 tires and some 10mm spacers to get it down to 37MM offset.

·
Registered
190E 2.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I just made some measurements. The rear would be fine like this, but the wheels would be too much inside. So I'll go with a 10/12/15/20 mm spacer there.
The front is barely fine like this. It's very very close to the strut, as I measured. So I'll definitely run a spacer there, and I'll have to experiment with thickness.
I think I'll just cut the spacers from stainless steel. and I'll buy longer bolts.
The tires, yeah. something like that. but I don't know yet if I'll buy new tires right away.
The old ones definitely won't do, that's for sure.

·
W201 Moderator
89 190E2.6- 5-speed Manual - 200K miles, 95 E320 Sportsline-sold, 2001 E320 4matic Wagon-sold
4,077 Posts
I suspect you will also have to roll the fenders because the new set-up may look a bit freaky with the 8.5 inch rims.
My understanding is that 8.0 inch is top end for the body as is.

You're about to find out, but please do post some after pictures.

- Cheers!

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,419 Posts
Those are ML430 Sport wheels. You'll need M14 ball seat conversion lugs to use those safely.

·
Registered
190E 2.3
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apart from buying different wheel bolts, In the front they fit with a 10mm spacer. I'll be buying longer bolts for those.
The rear fits like this, but they need a spacer to look good.
I'm still experimenting so if I find more info I'll tell you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts