Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across some wheels on craigslist and really dig the design -- anyone know what they are off of, and if they'll work on a W220?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
They are off of a W203 model Mercedes Benz C class coupe sport model and they should work. What is the offset?

In my humble opinion if you're going to upgrade rims you should wait for some decent 18" rims. 17" rims look a bit small... I'd rather stick with the stock rims than to put 17s on a W220. :surrender:

EDIT: But if it's a great deal with go tires then go for it! You can probably sell them later if you don't like them anyway...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are off of a W203 model Mercedes Benz C class coupe sport model and they should work. What is the offset?

In my humble opinion if you're going to upgrade rims you should wait for some decent 18" rims. 17" rims look a bit small... I'd rather stick with the stock rims than to put 17s on a W220. :surrender:

EDIT: But if it's a great deal with go tires then go for it! You can probably sell them later if you don't like them anyway...
aha! so looking at this chart, W203 17" would be ET36, meaning i'd need a 10mm spacer to address the offset difference, however the larger problem is it seems as though the W203 has a 12mm lug (i believe the 220's have a 15mm lug).

Further, are these rims found on any models other than the W203?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You can always go to an aftermarket wheel shop and have them find the right lugs/spacers to work.

A stock W220 has 14mm lug bolts. The nominal size would be a 14X1.05 on a ball seat. The next size up is a 14X 1.15 which is as long as you want to go otherwise too long of a bolt in the rear will "F" up your E brake.

I do not believe those rims were used on any other model Mercedes but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being the W203 lug is _smaller_, enlarging the whole in the rim wouldn't be my main concern -- my main concern is if the ball seat / "lug ball" is the same diameter? In other words, would drilling out the hole be enough, or would i actually have to machine the ball seat in the rim to be larger as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts