Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

16v cams

1207 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Potomac Pat
Has anyone installed any different cams in 16v
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Mercedes EVO 2
187 Posts
Nope, I dont need too, I have a EVOII engine with 235hp [:p][:D]But if you want too, B...

Nope, I dont need too, I have a EVOII engine with 235hp [:p][:D]

But if you want too, Bekkers has some amazing stuff...
http://www.bekkers.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BI&Category_Code=mperformancestoke

Complete engine rebuild kit with bearings, seals, gaskets, timing chain and rails. (tensioner not included); Forged lightweight pistons with your choice of compression ratios: 10.8 (street) or 12.12 (racing) or 8.5 (for turbocharger); Set of Mercedes rods; Original Mercedes stroker crank*; 2 high performance camshafts 252 (mild) or 276 (wild) degree duration; Machining instructions. *Please note: The Mercedes stroker crank is made for the late model 2.5 liter engine with narrow bearings. Most 16V blocks have wide bearings, therefore the crank needs to be modified. We supply machining instructions with the purchase of the crank. We can also modify and rebalance the crank. Labor charge is $500. Another option is to use a regular 190E narrow bearing block after 1988 type with crank sensor hole, the crank drops right in without modifications..

· Registered
190 2.3-16
59 Posts
I haven't as of yet, but it is on the list.

Which set of cams are you looking at?

I haven't as of yet, but it is on the list.

Which set of cams are you looking at?

The sport cams don't require any head changes that I am aware of. Any of the hotter cams, require head work.

GTC cams are offered through Bekkers Imports as mentioned.

You may also want to contact Shrick in Germany about the cams they have for the 190. I believe that they are a bit less in price.[:eek:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.