Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have just bought a 168 and my father has just got one also, My brother has a set of AMG 18" alloy wheels with a load rating of 648kg stamped on them, My question is.... Is the load rating enough for a vito? Is it worked out per axle or per wheel?

Thanks, Marty.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I thank merc headquarters maastricht for the information that I did for another forum user (re tyre law) Hopefully you will find it useful.

--------------------------

if used commercially, you should use c rated tyres.

if privately used, tyre rating may apply

there are 2 methods of calculating tyre loading

1/ take gross vehicle weight and divide by 4
vito gvw = 2940 / 4 =735kg = load index = 98

2/ take Rated axle weight of highest rated axle and divide by 2
plated weight = 1470 and 1550
use heaviest = 1550 /2 = 775kg = load index = 99

so tyre load index should be 98 or 99

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys at least I know where I stand, will check what tyres they have on at the moment as I think they are too low profile anyway.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
when selecting my boots (not your size) I found the conversion tables on the tyre suppliers websites (e.g. Blackcircles.co.uk) very useful.

you enter the originally fitted tyre size and then select the new wheel diameter and lookup the different profiles and widths to select a tyre that will give you the same speedo readings (or slightly larger for economy or slightly smaller for more "oomph") its useful to know the speedo reading is still accurate.......... especially if like me you live between a couple of police colleges and several traffic cop stations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts