Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just hope you are able to use them . Are you planning on installing them on your 99 ML320 ?

If so, shoot me a few pictures once completed .......

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Just hope you are able to use them . Are you planning on installing them on your 99 ML320 ?

If so, shoot me a few pictures once completed .......
Yes, they will go up on my old 99 ml320. Finally proper lights. Been struggling with eBay garbage headlights for a while. Even with a top of the line Morimoto hid kit, light pattern is so bad it should be illegal

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,950 Posts
I may very well have a set of pigtails at my old shop which I am renting out.
My spares cabinet is locked. I will be there in about a week so if I find a set
we can fix up ciprianmuresan with a fair price on them and he won't have to
play with the existing harness.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
I may very well have a set of pigtails at my old shop which I am renting out.
My spares cabinet is locked. I will be there in about a week so if I find a set
we can fix up ciprianmuresan with a fair price on them and he won't have to
play with the existing harness.
Oh man. I don't know what to say. Really nice of you!!!

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
God I hate FedEx. He dropped the box in silence, like a thief, without knocking or bell ringing. So that I don't question the box damage. Unprofessional as always, FedEx.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Glad you received them in good condition and that all the mounting tabs are intact.. I tried to use as much cushioning and protection as possible !
I just ask that in your methods to hook up the new headlights that you share your procedures and take pictures to show how they can be utilized on the early W163's !!

And they probably will need aiming once installed. let us know what steps you take to get that accomplished.

Best,

springerfever

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Glad you received them in good condition and that all the mounting tabs are intact.. I tried to use as much cushioning and protection as possible !
I just ask that in your methods to hook up the new headlights that you share your procedures and take pictures to show how they can be utilized on the early W163's !!

And they probably will need aiming once installed. let us know what steps you take to get that accomplished.

Best,

springerfever
Oh you did an outstanding job packing everything! Great job. Thank you for that. Right now I'm waiting for @Noodles. Maybe he finds those pigtails. If not I'll start cutting and splicing.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That was a part of the equation that I was stumped on and a bit confused.

Obviously, you've got to figure out how to connect the won xenon headlights to the existing wiring on your W163 that you own. I love to dabble with my ML's to make improvements, but I am no electrical engineer !!

Not sure what kind of pigtails Noodles could provide or describe. I would think it would simply (yeah, right!), be a matter of figuring which leads from the pigtails I provided on the auction lights, to somehow connect to make them fully operational on your ML320. I wish you all the luck in the world and please keep us posted.

As I stated earlier the xenon lights on my 2003 ML55 are VASTLY superior to my halogen lights on my 1999 ML430 ....

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
That was a part of the equation that I was stumped on and a bit confused.

Obviously, you've got to figure out how to connect the won xenon headlights to the existing wiring on your W163 that you own. I love to dabble with my ML's to make improvements, but I am no electrical engineer !!

Not sure what kind of pigtails Noodles could provide or describe. I would think it would simply (yeah, right!), be a matter of figuring which leads from the pigtails I provided on the auction lights, to somehow connect to make them fully operational on your ML320. I wish you all the luck in the world and please keep us posted.

As I stated earlier the xenon lights on my 2003 ML55 are VASTLY superior to my halogen lights on my 1999 ML430 ....
Will do. Thanks for everything

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
949 Posts
Yes brain fart on my part!
I copied did not paste!

·
Registered
1999 ML320
110 Posts
Yes brain fart on my part!