Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought our w210 e55 had a gov. at 155 I went 160 Sunday morning I was waiting for the cutout it never happened does anybody know why? I have an e430 it cutout at 135.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You cant get over 160

There is no governer. Mercedes says there is to appease the green party. In this pic I just couldnt get her to do anymore. RPMs just wouldnt climb anymore. 155mph. but with a slight down hill i bet she could have gotten to 160. notice how fast the rpms climb in top gear.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,905 Posts
I thought our w210 e55 had a gov. at 155 I went 160 Sunday morning I was waiting for the cutout it never happened does anybody know why? I have an e430 it cutout at 135.
Whats up Rick! hey where planning for GTG are you available?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
speedometers are pretty optimistic at those speeds. They have been known to be off by as much as 10%.

Id wager that you were going a bit slower than 155.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
HOW U DOING JOE? FOR U GUYS ANYTIME
Hey, Rick, watch the post in the events section, looks like late May. Finally got the dent in the front fender fixed, the shop was nice enough to polish the haze off of my headlights (wasn't much, it was on my "C" list) and they look lots better, too.

Hope all's been well with you. Slow down a bit unless you're at a track day, okay? We like you and want to keep you around. :thumbsup:

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,905 Posts
HOW U DOING JOE? FOR U GUYS ANYTIME
I hope you got my Text Msg 4 days ago, I went out lunch with Hai here in the city and we are planning to have a meet on Sat April. 19. I'll let you more about the details later ie; time and location.

-J

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you got my Text Msg 4 days ago, I went out lunch with Hai here in the city and we are planning to have a meet on Sat April. 19. I'll let you more about the details later ie; time and location.

-J
THANKS Gents. for your concern I only did that one time just to see what it would do I will not do it again any time soon. Joe I got your text U say April, Greg says May let me know.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The speedos are inherently inaccurate at those speeds. If you had a gps based speedo you'd probably see that you're going 155 on the nose. But like someone else said, grade, tailwind, tire size can all effect both your actual speed and reported speed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've had my speedo up to 166 on I-75 in FL. and it was still climbing.Ran up on traffic REALLY quick. I had to get out of it. Guess it was just being optimistic? My title specifies "Not intended for U.S. Market", do all AMG's state this? I am interested in seeing what the top speed will be? Just hard to find an uncongested stretch. Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts