Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, <br> <br> I have a 1995 C36 and the stock 17' AMG wheels and 45/40-series tires that came with it, while gorgeous, are proving too rigid to be practical for my Country's roads. <br> <br> I would appreciate any advice, thoughts or comments on the practicality of fitting 16' wheels on it to reduce the jarring somewhat.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 16

Bad news...the min wheel size for the C36 and C43s are 17'...due to the enormous size of the front brakes!...<br> If you look carefully at your front wheel, there is very little space separating the brake rotor and the inner rim of the wheel.... 16' wheels will not clear the rotors!<br> You might want to consider replacing the sport tuned shocks in order to get a less harsh ride...but that would defeat the purpose of buying an AMG product!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 16

I tried fitting 16' AMG wheels from my 190E and you are right, no go. I am sure I read a post from somebody who had fitted 16' to his C36, but can't find the post anymore. Seems like the 16's he installed came off an older model Benz. Diffesrent offset maybe? <br> <br> The roads in my Country are really NOT friendly to 17's. Just came from an 800km trip and I fear for the suspension because of the pounding it is taking.<br> <br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts