Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'90 420 SEL
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ready to spring for a set of MM BEllo's but when I mentioned it to my mechanic, he says those Italian wheels are flat out junk. I'll be using 225/55/16 Yokohama ES100 tires but I can't decide on a wheel to save my life. I found these ( see link for AA topline ) have yet to contact the outfit to see if they're available with the correct offset ( ET25 ) from them or a dealer.

http://www.rh-wheels.com/wheels.htm

I dont' want to go 17" and according to my mech, they should be German made with all the requesite TUV approvals.

HELP ! I can't stand my OEM 15 holes and don't like the 8 holes either. If anybody can put me onto 16" anything I'd appreciate it.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
Mille Miglia Bello wheels are TUV approved and on a side note a good number of OE Merced...

Mille Miglia Bello wheels are TUV approved and on a side note a good number of OE Mercedes wheels are not made in Germany so, you mechanic is wrong

·
Registered
2009 Porsche Cayman S // 2007 Mercedes E350
50 Posts
Todd

Tell me what happens with those RH's in terms of offset...I like the look. On their website, it says AA Toplines should fit. (Also says that all ET20 wheels need 15mm hubcentric adapter)

Also, I can't seem to find any prices...maybe I'm overlooking something? Thanks

·
Registered
'90 420 SEL
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Mille Miglia Bello wheels are TUV approved and on a side note a good number of OE Merced

Mille Miglia Bello wheels are TUV approved and on a side note a good number of OE Mercedes wheels are not made in Germany so, you mechanic is wrong
My mech is kind of a cynical SOB but he's done excellent work for me up to now so I have to at least consider his opinion. He tends to be of the "keep it OEM" school.

So Luke, tell me about these 16" Bellos. Are they of good quality? Would those be a good combo with either the Bridgestone SO3 Poles or the B-stone RE950's? What does tirerack use to balance wheel and tire combos?

Thanks for any info

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
The Tire Rack does not endorse the use of spacers so I do not like the mention of the topl...

The Tire Rack does not endorse the use of spacers so I do not like the mention of the toplines using a 15mm spacer. We only use the top of the line GSP9700 balancing equipment.

·
Registered
'90 420 SEL
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just gonna go with these ........http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...

I'm just gonna go with these ........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1864893819

....as tire rack doesn't really have any 16" or 17" that I really like. There's not alot of options for the W126 series anymore. The wheels in my first post DO require their adapter or a spacer so those are out.

I'll prolly get some 235/45-17 Yokohama AVS dBs or AVS ES100's to go with them. Ride comfort and noise level is important to me. Hopefully I won't be sacrificing to much ride comfort. Are there any suspension issues going from 15" to 17" that I should be aware of?

Anybody?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts