Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a look through the posts so far and haven't found an answer.<br> Could I please ask the experience/knowledge of any members to help me with my problem!<br> I have recently bought a 190E which came with 185/65/15 wheels/tyres.<br> I would like to use a set of CLK wheels/tyres which are 225/55/16.<br> The wheels are on the car, and the back seems to clear the arches OK, but the front tyres will rub the leading edge of the wheelarch/bumper if you pass over a bump or turn heavily.<br> The shocks need replacing soon and I was hoping to fit uprated gas shocks/lowered springs all round.`<br> My question is, will I need to change my tyre size at the front, and if so will the rears need to be the same type/profile etc? (I am no expert, but was thinking 215/50/16 may clear at the front or similar)<br> What potential problems do I have with lowering the suspension (I was also considering that the suspension will be harder so less likely to bounce on the arches?)<br> What combinations are recommended, and any experience with lowered suspension and tyre clearence.<br> Thanks in advance.<br> William

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You're overall diameter for the front and rear will be different..

Best to change both with the same height.<br> <br> Suspension, no problems really except for a harsher ride.<br> <br> Bilstein + H&R seems to be the best combo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts