Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
e500 4matic
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIRING HARNESSES, WOOD TRIM, WHEELS THAT BEND, DRIVESHAFT CUPLERS, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.....
I WAS 1ST EAST COAST C36 AMG DELIVERY, AND HAVE HAD GREAT EXPERIENCE AS BENZ TEST CAR AS IVE PUT MORE MILES (HIGHWAY MOSTLY ) 156K, MOST ON ANY REGISTERED C36 BY BENZ' WORD......IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS , I HAVE MOST ANSWERS COVERED BY 8.5 YRS OF OWNERSHIP......I CAN TELL YOU HOW LONG TIL......
GREAT CAR , DEALER MAINTAINED SINCE NEW, WITH ALL RECORDS.....SOLID CAR WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEB/MARCH WHEN MY E500 4MATIC COMES IN......INQUIRIES WELCOME, ANSWERS ABOUT YOURS OR QUESTIONS ON HOW THEY HOLD UP WILL BE ANSWERED.

·
Registered
Looking for a C43
3 Posts
Being new to the forum and to the concept of owning an AMG (currently looking at a C43) I'm surprised that 156K miles is the highest recorded mileage. Are these vehicles not expected to last that long?

I'd be interested in knowing what your big ticket items were...and if you serviced the transmission despite dealers telling you it was "sealed". Please expand on your experience...I know I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
e500 4matic
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
156000 MILES IS MY ACTUAL MILEAGE AS OF THIS WEEK. AT 2 SEPARATE DEALERS I HAVE USED, I WAS TOLD THAT MY CAR HAS MORE MILEAGE ON IT THAN ANY OTHER 95 C36 AMG IN THEIR SYSTEM. DUE TO IT BEING 1ST YEAR, AND I RUN UP ALOT OF HIGHWAY MILES. AS SUCH, DEALERS KIND OF GAUGE MY CAR AS THE STANDARD, WHEN REPAIRS COME IN FOR OTHERS. SO WHEN MY ECU/WIRING HARNESS WENT, IT WAS A 1ST TO MERCEDES....WHEN MY DRIVESHAFT CUPLERS WORE DOWN TO POINT OF BEING OUT OF ROUND AND CAUSING NASTY VIBRATIONS, IT WAS A NEW ONE FOR THEM.....GET THE POINT. INTERIOR TRIM WOOD PARTS HAVE BEEN A SOURCE OF ANNOYANCE FOR AWHILE. AT 1ST BENZ STOOD BEHIND PRODUCT UP TO 60,000 MILE, BUT AFTER THAT THEY DIDNT FEEL RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ANYMORE (@#%^&$).
TRANSMISSION ALWAYS A LIL WEIRD, BUT NO WORK ON IT YET, ALTHOUGH I THINK THE BERGINNINGS OF SOME MINOR PROBLEMS WITH COLD ARE ARIZING ( EAST COASTER)BUT NO WORK NEEDED, IT JUST TAKES A FEW MINUTE IN REAL COLD WEATHER TO TOTALLY SHIFT NORMAL.
ALL IN ALL CAR HAS BEEN A ROCK, FUN, RELIABLE AND FAST. CLEARCOAT ON WHEELS DOES NOT LAST LONG, AFTER WARANTEE EXPIRES, MAINT ISNT ALWAYS CHEAP. PAINT AND BODY REMAIN STRONG. SOME FRONT END PROBLEMS FIXED ALONG WAY ALSO SPED UP TIRE WEAR,BUSHINGS SEEM TO GO IN BUNCHES AFTER CAR HIT 110,OOO. ONLY NEED FOR LARGER BACK SEAT AND NEED FOR 4MATIC HAVE PUSHED ME TO ORDER E500 4MATIC AND SELL THE C36. SOMEONE WILL BE GETTING AN EXCELLENT CAR........SAD TO GIVE ER UP.

·
Registered
98 C230 / 95 S500
6 Posts
I've got 133k on my 1995 C36.

·
Registered
CL500, E430, SLK, Subaru...
648 Posts
To answer Scooby's question, the reason there aren't many high-mileage 36's and 43's is because they are still fairly young models, and the people who could afford them new tend not to be in high-mileage occupations. Mine is on 78k now, and it's the highest I've yet seen in the UK. Now, for a message for BRLAZAR2...

HI THERE: HAVE YOU HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH THE AIRBAG SYSTEM? I GET THE AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT ON NOW AND AGAIN...

·
Registered
e500 4matic
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO AIRBAG PROBLEMS TO DATE. A FEW TIMES SPEEDO AND FUEL GAUGE WENT WILD, BUT SPEEDO RETURNED TO NORMAL, AND FUEL GAUGE WAS REPLACED. LIGHTBULBS TO OUTSIDE TEMP AND CLOCK BURNT OUT 2X EACH AS WELL. RADIO FAILED EARLY ON AND WAS REPLACED UNDER WARANTEE. THATS ABOUT IT FOR ELECTRICS.
CURIOUS , WHO HAS HIGH MILEAGE C36 IN EUROPE AS YOU STATED? HOW MANY MILES?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts