Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all!
A question for the experts out there.
I would like to fit 15 hole alloys (1244001802) to my 93 280TE (124.088 chassis) which has 8 hole alloys. Is that possible? I am led to believe that even within the same type (W124 in this case) compatibility cannot be taken for granted.
Any light in this matter will be greatly appreciated:thumbsup:
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
It's certainly possible but I think it's also true that 15 hole / 8 hole interchangeability can't be taken for granted. It seems to me I once tried in an emergency to use an early 15 hole wheel on a later 8 hole E420 and it wouldn't fit because of the size of the brakes. But I'm guessing a 93 six cylinder could go either way. Most 93 124s in the U.S. came with 15 hole wheels. But caution would be prudent.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deanyel

I need to try them first and make sure backspacing is the same.
Problem is I don't have any 15 hole rims. The ones I was talking about are brand new and if I order them they will have to come from Germany so I don't think I could expect them to take them back if they were unsuitable.

Fernandez

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Any friend or car dealer that would let you try on their spare? Or maybe a car dealer that doesn't know you're trying on his spare. Get the specs on the new one - size, offset - compare it to the specs on what you have, should be on the wheel and in the owner's manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts