Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few week ago someone posted a picture of the dash with a 146 mph speedometer reading. How did you get the speed to display on the screen? Can you please send me that pic.<p>Thanks and make it a great day...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you first start up the car you get the odometer and the trip odometer. If you hit the upper left button on the steering wheel the next display is the digital speedometer. Then find a quiet stretch of road and step on the gas. My car tops out at 159 mph. Be sure to have your Valentine 1 onboard and functioning. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to do any thing with the speed limiter or something... What is a Valentine 1?<p><br>: When you first start up the car you get the odometer and the trip odometer. If you hit the upper left button on the steering wheel the next display is the digital speedometer. Then find a quiet stretch of road and step on the gas. My car tops out at 159 mph. Be sure to have your Valentine 1 onboard and functioning. :)<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speed limiter in my car kicked in at ~ 158. It hit 159 then went back to 158. A valentine 1 is the best (IMO) radar detector on the market.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Autocar car magazine hit 205mph (yes) in their E-class

Autocar magazine from the UK did a test in 5th July edition in Germany of the top speeds of various super-saloons. They borrowed a EV12 7.3 V12 engined E-class (580bhp, 313 bhp/tonne) and took it to 205mph, ON the rev limiter!<p>The tires were rated to do only this maximum speed. There's a photo of the speedo just nudging 300 km/h.<p>The other cars and max speeds are listed:<p>Lotus Carlton<br>twin-turbo'd 3.6 Opel/Vauxhall Carlton saloon from 1990 or so, tuned by Lotus, 377bhp, 227 bhp/tonne.<br>Still accelerating in 5th, revs drop too much into 6th. Beats new M5 to 0 - 120mph by a good 10 car lengths, not bad for a 10+ yr old design!<br>168mph max<p>BMW M5 new shape<br>5.0 V8 400bhp, 228 bhp/tonne, 167 mph despite 155 limiter.<p>BMW Alpina B10 new shape<br>4.6 V8 347 bhp, 201 bhp/tonne, 169 mph.<p>Holden GTS-R<br>5.7 V8 410 bhp, 238 bhp/tonne. This also lost all acceleration when moving up into 6th gear. 160 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts