Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 U1450
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, greetings from sunny Australia. I have lots of questions about my newly purchased Mog that I hope someone may be able to solve. Here is the first.

My 1997 U1450 has a 356-956 motor , how does this differ from a 366? I have noticed that it is fitted with a single fuel filter rather than twin filters shown in the instruction manual, should I change to athe twin filters?

Regards Nick

·
Registered
1990 Unimog 1300L, 2004 ML350, 1999 SLK 230,
579 Posts
That engine is a 366A (in other words turbo-charged). It develops 156HP and has the Euro 1 emission class designation. There are many variables available in the 366 engine in terms of horsepower ratings and emission ratings. Every one of them has a different number.

·
Registered
1997 U1450
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Yes Nashy, its the one from Melbourne. I drove it up to here,Forster NSW, about 1200kms at about 95 kph. RF portal seal leaked a little so we replaced that as well as another portal breather that was split.

The next task will be to repair some body damage from a roll over and build a table top to hold a slide on camper. It wil have to be low and narrow as the tracks around here are overgrown and only toyota size. Regards Nick

·
Premium Member
Unimog U1250
1,652 Posts

The next task will be to repair some body damage from a roll over and build a table top to hold a slide on camper. It wil have to be low and narrow as the tracks around here are overgrown and only toyota size. Regards Nick
Or buy a chainsaw :sawzall:

·
Premium Member
Unimogs 435's
758 Posts

Yes Nashy, its the one from Melbourne. I drove it up to here,Forster NSW, about 1200kms at about 95 kph. RF portal seal leaked a little so we replaced that as well as another portal breather that was split.

Great work Nick, Iain has filled me in on some of your Dramas. I was going to look up your VIN (i have it on my computer) on MB EPC to see if the twin filter was an option, and I was making sure i had the correct vehicle without posting your VIN up for all to see. Pity we didn't make contact sooner you could have dropped into my place on your way home.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts