Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1974 R107
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest where I might obtain a set (5) of new after-market tire valves to fit the 14" Bundt alloy wheels"? OE cost for SS is prohibitive...$179.70 at MB dealer in Canada...EACH!! I see lots of the refinished Bundt wheels on the net (Bring-a-trailer), etc.with new black valves (not the SS kind), so I know they're out there. Help!! Thanks in advance!

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
31,991 Posts
Most auto parts stores sell them. Not sure if chrome or stainless. I found stainless for around $15.00 4 pack by googling. Check you local tire/wheel shop. They may carry or know a source.

·
Registered
1974 R107
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most auto parts stores sell them. Not sure if chrome or stainless. I found stainless for around $15.00 4 pack by googling. Check you local tire/wheel shop. They may carry or know a source.
Thanks, rowdie! Have checked the net, C. Tire, OK tire shops, Kal Tire, etc...no luck yet. Even bring the spare wheel with me. Either they're the kind that have a nut/washer combination that's too large for the wheel groove on top, or a stem that's too short for the locking nut to grab on the kind that lock on the inside of the wheel. I'll keep trying! A make and part # would be fantastic...

·
Registered
1979 450SL
6 Posts
Can anyone suggest where I might obtain a set (5) of new after-market tire valves to fit the 14" Bundt alloy wheels"? OE cost for SS is prohibitive...$179.70 at MB dealer in Canada...EACH!! I see lots of the refinished Bundt wheels on the net (Bring-a-trailer), etc.with new black valves (not the SS kind), so I know they're out there. Help!! Thanks in advance!
I just recently had my Bundt’s powder coated and the techs just tossed my valves so I tried some aftermarket stuff that didn’t work and sought help from the best tire store in the area the only solution was the original valves so I called the classic center and ordered 4
They cost about $69 each
If there is and aftermarket option I sure would like brand and source details

·
Registered
'73 450 SLC / '74 450 SL / '01 ML55
469 Posts
My tire guy used some from the local Ford Dealer. Seems that a 2010 era Ford Pickup had a thick alloy wheel like ours. They are much like the aftermarkets used for RV (quads,sand runners...) but longer and better built. 6 years now and no problem.

·
Registered
1974 R107
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My tire guy used some from the local Ford Dealer. Seems that a 2010 era Ford Pickup had a thick alloy wheel like ours. They are much like the aftermarkets used for RV (quads,sand runners...) but longer and better built. 6 years now and no problem.
Thanks....will go into the ford Dealer tomorrow...the parts guy has helped me out before for my '65 Mustang Fastback...put a 5.0 litre in it with a '93 wiring harness, so always lots of challenges! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts