Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 600sl
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wELL I FINALLY BROUGHT MY 600SL TO MBNZ TO CHECK OUT MY TRANSMISSION. THEY TOLD ME THAT IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AT THE TINY COST OF $6500. I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW AN ADVANCED CAR SUCH AS THIS CAN HAVE A BLOWN TRANNY AT 65K MILES!
I HAVE READ MANY THREADS ON THIS SIGHT AND STRONGLY FEEL THAT IT IS ONLY THE MODULE THAT HAS GONE IN THE TRANSMISSION. I AM BRINGING MY CAR SOON TO A RECOMMENDED TRANSMISSION SHOP AND WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW THINGS GO...[xx(]

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
What dealer did you bring it to?

·
Registered
98 600sl
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I brought it to Southhampton. The are very nice there and they checked out my car within 3 hrs of my dropping it off. But, I still think that its just the module that you had changed that time. I cant see this car needing a new tranny already. It hardly gets driven.

·
Registered
98 600sl
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally had it fixed. Turns out that the little pool of what I thought was oil, was tranny fluid. (Oil is brown, not red) Well enough leaked out through a bad seal that it completely fried my tranny. Just had it rebuilt and it runs great! Was almost worth the $5000 for a rebuild.
Also has my pressure acculmulators fixed. For a mere $2600! Well the car now is perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts