Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I've never owned such a fancy car. Can I use a floor Jack and stands and rotate my tires at home? I was wondering if I somehow need to tell the computer that the wheels are now on a different spot. Someone mentioned a diagnostic tool was needed to be plugged in to the On Board computer to register the new tire position.

Thanks if anyone has any words about a do it yourself tire rotation.

Henry

·
Registered
7 Posts
rotate front to back, keep the same sides. Many tires have directional patterns so you can't swap left right. Rotation front/back is really important on the 4matic to keep your wear even to prevent stress on the transfer case and front diff. Make sure to find the correct torque settings for your rims, tighten them in a star pattern to the proper torque. Yes you can use floor jack and stands - you will find on every side two jack points. One way to make it easy to remember is rotate every oil change.

You have two options for TPMS. First is to do nothing to the TPMS other than make sure the correct tire pressure is on each tire - this only works if your model has the same pressure for all tires. If different pressures are needed between front/back than you need to reteach the TPMS the new locations. The actual procedure to do this is in your owners manual, look for "Restarting tire..." in the index and it will get you close. Or just google "2013 mercedes ml350 tpms reset" and you will get lots of hits on how to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts