Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any long term owners of a C250? Thinking about picking one up as a DD for my wife. Pretty standard, except for the sport package.

I haven't driven one and read that acceleration is sluggish? Also very cramped in the back? She used to have an MKV GTI, so I figured it would be comparable in both space and acceleration?

Any basic tunes that are available to give it a little more pep if needed?

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any long term owners of a C250? Thinking about picking one up as a DD for my wife. Pretty standard, except for the sport package.

I haven't driven one and read that acceleration is sluggish? Also very cramped in the back? She used to have an MKV GTI, so I figured it would be comparable in both space and acceleration?

Any basic tunes that are available to give it a little more pep if needed?

Thank you!

I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2014 C250 with Sport Package and others from my local MB dealer two years ago. I love it. Easily the best car I have owned in 40 years. Acceleration is adequate and more than adequate in Sport Mode. Yes a little small in back for larger adults. Car suffered from understeer and wasn't as solid as I like so I hunted down some Bilstein B6 shocks and struts to replace the B4 which come standard. Nice improvement on handling. Havn't done any engine tunes although I am considering a performance exhaust switch. With today's computerized engines a person has to be careful about any modifications to motor.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2014 C250 with Sport Package and others from my local MB dealer two years ago. I love it. Easily the best car I have owned in 40 years. Acceleration is adequate and more than adequate in Sport Mode. Yes a little small in back for larger adults. Car suffered from understeer and wasn't as solid as I like so I hunted down some Bilstein B6 shocks and struts to replace the B4 which come standard. Nice improvement on handling. Havn't done any engine tunes although I am considering a performance exhaust switch. With today's computerized engines a person has to be careful about any modifications to motor.
Thanks for the feedback! She mostly drives around town so the power should be plenty. I have an S4 if we need to go faster :).

I've had 2 ML's so far but never owned a C class. Seems like a nice little car and the 12+ upgrades make it more modern too.

Looks like they have a Dinan tune for $300 to add a little more oomph.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2014 C250 with sport package and fully loaded with all of the options for 3 years now. It's my daily driver and I absolutely love it! On sport mode and using the manual shift mode, it has good pick up speed and can easily burn some rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts