Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

12V power

1333 5
Does someone know where in the engine bay i could find a 12V power supply? Since the battery is in the trunk, there should be a power supply somewhere in the engine compartment ..

Thanks in advance!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
see the owners manual, under listing 'Jump start' It clearly shows where +12v and -0v shou...

see the owners manual, under listing 'Jump start' It clearly shows where +12v and -0v should be clamped.

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: see the owners manual, under listing 'Jump start' It clearly shows where +12v and -0v shou

see the owners manual, under listing 'Jump start' It clearly shows where +12v and -0v should be clamped.
Thanks Gill, i will check that. By the way, how did your tranny overhaul go?

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: see the owners manual, under listing 'Jump start' It clearly shows where +12v and -0v shou

I checked that. Thats for jump starting a vehicle. I needed a power outlet in the engine for my phillips xenon ballast to work.

Anyway, i used one of the fuses.

Thanks

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Hi ///S320Tranny overhaul hasnt been completely free of problems.Heres the saga...

Hi ///S320

Tranny overhaul hasnt been completely free of problems.

Heres the saga

(1) tranny was stripped from car and rebuilt. When the tranny was reinstalled, on testing (by the mechanic),the car had a shift problem. The mechanic said he'd have to keep the car a week longer to diagonose and repair the fault. A day or so later he called me and told me that there was a hairline fracture in the 1st gear and he would have to replace it at no extra cost.
(2) The tranny was reinstalled after rebuild no.2 and the mechanic set to work on replacing the font engine gasket on the M104. When he had replaced it and reassembled the front of the engine, a water leak had developed. He told me that the water pump was shot and that I needed a new water pump which he would fit free of charge seeing as the leak wasnt there to begin with.He would do this the next time I brought the car in , and he would also re-set the vacuums on the tranny once it was bedded in. I was also told that my ignition leads had 'had it' and it was high time they were replaced.
(3) The car was returned and I was asked to drive the car until the transmission was fully 'bedded' in and the plates slighty worn - enough for the gearbox to be 'run in' I drove the car about 15 miles with silky smooth gear changes then noticed the road behind me was smokey. I figured it was the water leak from the pump.

I'm now going to return the car the pump/ignition leads to be replaced & vacuum pressures set on the tranny.

I'm lucky that I dont solely rely on this car. Its been in the shop for some time and set to go back soon. I have a BMW 5 series, Audi A3 (the wifes car) and a Ford Focus at my disposal. My wife wants to change the A3 for a BMW 3 series. I am desparately trying to talk her out of it. They are as common as muck in the UK.

The Focus with all the running costs inc fuel is paid for by my employers. I'd never buy a Focus if I was paying for it myself [:D]. I'm currently considering changing my 5 series for a Volvo V70 estate. Any suggestions on a 'better' wagon??

When the S class work is finished, I'm going to start trying to get the paint in A1 condition so it looks as good as yours [8D]

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gill,Sorry to hear all that you had to go through to get her fixed. Iam very, very confi...

Gill,
Sorry to hear all that you had to go through to get her fixed. Iam very, very confident that once all this menace is over, you are going to enjoy the ride of ure S class.

For wagons, iam basically inclined towards the following vehicles. Iam not married, but if i was, i would never buy a "MINI-VAN" as most people here do. I dislike mini vans. I love wagons though, and this what i like most:

1) Mercedes E Wagon (Sport package)
2) BMW 530i Sport Wagon (with low profile tires and performance wheels)
3) Saab 9 Series (performance tires/wheels)

Iam not sure if you like any of the above, but i think they are quite nice rides.

Trust me, i would never buy a Focus myself either, but hey, no harm having a free auto at home! I would just keep it to compare its low quality with my other German cars and feel good day after day.
[:D][:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.