Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to convert my door panels to the<br>
late model style to update the interior a little.<br>
Has anyone tried this? do exist. handles line up ok? I have a 91' 300 sl/red/pala/ any info. would help. I don't think this would upset the look.<br>
<br>
Thanks all Lewis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Want work go to MB dealer mech and they can run a copy

of the computer blow up of the two series and u will see the differences.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Want work go to MB dealer mech and they can run a copy

Kurt, have you actually tried the conversion?<br> I was talking to a guy in LA and he knew of someone that sucessfully made the conversion.<br> <br> I called a couple of dealers and they say they only show door trim & not the actual shell for mounting. I'm sure that some adjusments would need to be made. But I don't give up easy. I have converted plenty of porsche interiors so hopefully these door panels won't give me too much trouble once I find the right info.<br> <br> Thanks for your time<br> Lewis

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Kurt F.Y.I. on door panels

Kurt just for your own info. I just finished speaking to the factory rep. at 1.800.formerc<br> He informed me that the door panels from 90'-2002'<br> 129's will actually bolt up with no problem other<br> than slight variations for door locks, speakers etc. He told me that I could indeed use the 96 & up to do the conversion. I guess you just have to talk to the right person. have a great day

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Kurt F.Y.I. on door panels

Don't forget to lose the outdated cassette tape drawers in the center console if you haven't done that already - its fast and easy and results in a really useful little storage area with a couple of dandy cup holders!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts