Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300 SD; 2000 E320
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the 1983 SD I've been wanting for 22 years, and trying to figure things out. The most important is the very high vibration over 75 mph. I'm thinking tire balance because the front end checked out OK.

I want to preventively change parts out. My alternator says "Bosch". Is this OEM or a replacement?

Also, my drivers seat controls function in all directions except one. Is it possible it's just a bad contact or will I have to change the whole control unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
Bosch is the OE manufacturer of the alternator. As to the seat function, you will probably need to replace the entire control unit, but it is only like 60.00 new.

·
Registered
2000 S500 Sport
79 Posts
Vibration could very well be a very slightly bent rim from hitting a curb or whatever, that turned out to be the cause of vibration on my car. A tire/wheel shop can usually determine this for you. I like Discount Tire because they are an authorized AMG dealer and my new wheels cost 1/5 of dealer cost!

Warped brake rotors are another common cause of this if they have lots of miles on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts