Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ac is not working and is in default mode (constant hot air through defroster vents) due to issues with monovalve and dash unit.. Until I am able to repair the ac, I want to stop the hot air coming in defroster vents. Hot air comes in regardless of the ac controls.

I am thinking of covering the cabin air intake in the cowling as a temporary fix. Has anyone done that? Not sure if it would hurt anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My ac is not working and is in default mode (constant hot air through defroster vents) due to issues with monovalve and dash unit.. Until I am able to repair the ac, I want to stop the hot air coming in defroster vents. Hot air comes in regardless of the ac controls.
Why we have to clear coat for highlights? Visit Autofthings to review why and what is the best clar coat for highlights.
I am thinking of covering the cabin air intake in the cowling as a temporary fix. Has anyone done that? Not sure if it would hurt anything.
Have you check if there is low refrigerant due to some causes as loose connections, old hoses? Also, there is any leak that can make your AC not blow cold air.

·
3,939 Posts
I want to stop the hot air coming out defroster vents. Hot air comes in regardless of the ac controls.
In the old days you could bypass the heater core by simply connecting the in and out lines to each other. Maybe you could rig something similar?
luckymike is correct. In these images, one can see the way the heater hoses are configured to do just that.

The coolant outlet is to to the left side at the back of the motor & its hose connects to the center of the three lines for the heater core. Please note the fittings behind the false firewall panel are relatively fragile, so care beful with disassembly there. The lines in question are the only two going through that firewall panel. * Also the center section of the panel can be readily removed for access. Start by peeling off the long weatherstrip atop it.

You'll find the return line connected to the auxiliary water pump, just at the monovale. I should think the two lines be relatively the same diameter, so it should be pretty simple to finesse a length of heater hose in there. With the engine cold, I should think coolant loss to minimal if you are pretty well set up as to hose diameter, length & clamps ahead of time.

Good luck,

MBL

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.58.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.59.14 AM.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts