Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

421 - 440 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Is that what i just said? Anyway its good info for the Euro sportline wagon.
Not quite. You said the US wagons come with a Sportline front sway bar. That's not true. They come with the equivalent of the SEDAN Sportline bar, which is smaller than a WAGON Sportline bar. Did you read my post carefully? I even provided the measurements. If you want the real Sportline sway bar to upgrade your wagon, you'll have to buy one - didn't come with it from the factory.

Do you have any info on rear sway bar for euro sportline?
The sedans & wagons have the same rear bar... standard is 15mm, Sportline (for both sedan AND wagon) use a 16.5mm rear bar.

:wave:

·
Registered
45 Posts
@gsxr

"you said the US wagons come with a Sportline front sway bar. That's not true. They come with the equivalent of the SEDAN Sportline bar" Ya, I there is misunderstanding, When i mention the sportline ther it refer to U.S version sportline sedan. Since We are in U.S i don't think we have a real sportline wagon in here. correct me if I'm wrong.

and thanks for the info, another question do you think 400e sway bar better than the sportline(for U.S. version) since i get get those 400e swaybar for free.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I think the 400E bar would be the wrong shape (configured for a V8), so you're gonna want the Limo bar (for a 6 cylinder). I have one on my wagon and love it. If you decide to upgrade to the 500E rear bar, don't forget to also buy the corresponding SLS bracket and U-bolt--since the stock version won't fit very well and the U-bolt is too short.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think the 400E bar would be the wrong shape (configured for a V8), so you're gonna want the Limo bar (for a 6 cylinder). I have one on my wagon and love it. If you decide to upgrade to the 500E rear bar, don't forget to also buy the corresponding SLS bracket and U-bolt--since the stock version won't fit very well and the U-bolt is too short.
That is exactly correct. Also, the 400E bar is smaller in center diameter (26.5mm) than the standard wagon bar, although it does remain 22mm to the ends. Like Casey said, you really want the "limo" front bar. For the rear, the factory Sportline kit for the wagon (only available in Europe) uses the standard 16.5mm rear bar.

I don't think the freebie 400E swaybars would be useful on anything except a W201 chassis (they may fit if you cut off the ends, since the chassis is narrower).

:sawzall:

·
Registered
45 Posts
@Zeitgeist & gsxr
Thank you guys, you point me to a good direction in case I want to upgrade my sway bar in the future!!

:)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Nice pipes!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi,

I didn't do them myself.
They were manufactured by the company,
which produces exhausts for all big Porsche tuners here in Germany, like Techart etc.

It is stainless steel 1,5mm
I got 2 220cpsi catalytic converters
the dimensions were chosen like the original AMG exhaust.

Here I have some more pictures:
Galerie: e36t - abload.de

If the weren't "slick", I wouldn't pay the money :)

Cu Rod

·
Registered
73 Posts
LAST CALL: group buy w124 smoked crystal tail lights

alright everyone...

get excited! i spoke with the seller the tail lights are supposed to be unpacked from their container tomorrow. i need to get a final head count.

-smoked, crystal w124 wagon tail lights
-$100 + shipping and handling from WA state
-see photo below.

please respond to the thread and let me know whether or not you are going to buy.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
alright everyone...

get excited! i spoke with the seller the tail lights are supposed to be unpacked from their container tomorrow. i need to get a final head count.

-smoked, crystal w124 wagon tail lights
-$100 + shipping and handling from WA state
-see photo below.

please respond to the thread and let me know whether or not you are going to buy.
Whoo hoo, WA to WA shipping!!! I'm in, btw...

421 - 440 of 1132 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
351 Participants
Scatsob
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing