Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S124 E220 - 1985 VW T3 1.9DG Camper - 1998 BMW E36 328i Cabriolet
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Hardas and Tommyboy... AMG stickers, at last! Thanks boys, it's good to see those here. I am not one of the fortunate few with an old-school AMG but I reckon owners will be happy to see them. Perfect for a restoration.

Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a pair of never-used Becker radio alarm stickers still on the adhesive backing. I'm saving them in case the W124 I buy doesn't have them.

·
Registered
Buncha W124's
2,091 Posts
Quick question, can I go to the dealer and order these stickers ? And how much usually?
The dealer can get the decals as long as they are not obsolete... some are no longer available from MB. Cost varies from about $2 to $20 each, depending on the decal. Most should be in the $5-$10 range.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,757 Posts
Went to mbz Ont,CA NLA

I asked about these and they said NLA Specifically the trunk key label intake, label, and the coolant label

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,757 Posts
You mean I probably CAN'T get the yellow, high voltage symbol label???:confused::(

Kevin
I specifically asked about the vacuum actuated key trunk sticker and Mercedes of Ontario, CA said that sticker is NLA. Mine ripped off who knows when. I would like to get the one one the air filter too.

·
Registered
´92 230E
87 Posts
try A123 584 93 21. it looks slightly different from the original one (the 123 one, not the W210), the original was glossy, the new one ist semi-gloss. the original was only numbered with 123 584 93 21, the new one has the now common "A" in front. price is 1 euro in germany and it´s available since late summer last year. normally every mb-dealer should be able to order it, since it´s in german, french and english... so try pushing harder. sometimes they are just to lazy or unknowing to find the right stuff without help. ;)

and i painted my airfiltercase and bought a reproduction made by a member of a german W126 forum only 1,5 years ago...

·
Registered
MB E200 Coupe 1993
35 Posts
I have both new original trunk stickers.

I specifically asked about the vacuum actuated key trunk sticker and Mercedes of Ontario, CA said that sticker is NLA. Mine ripped off who knows when. I would like to get the one one the air filter too.

·
Registered
Buncha W124's
2,091 Posts
You mean I probably CAN'T get the yellow, high voltage symbol label???:confused::(
Yellow ignition decal 123-584-93-21 was NLA, but they're back... you can get them from Tom Hanson at the MB Classic Center.

If you order through your local MB dealer, you'll probably get the superceded 204- number instead... BT, DT. Tom supplied the correct decal.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
Buncha W124's
2,091 Posts
Eh... heat & age change the colors over time. Unless you have an original, new, 20-year old decal to compare it to... it's hard to say what the exact original color was. You can either get the current version, or live without it.

:dunno:

·
Registered
1996, A124, E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
1,555 Posts
You have to use Shell Oil otherwise it won't colour up right. What type of oil do you use Kevin...??

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well I'm only pull'in your tit Kevin [as you've already sussed out], but oil and water will change the colour of paper and you know about the yellowing of plastic etc.
Mine looks yellower but who knows if the camera is showing correct colour in any case.

The thing I like about all this is that you can still get them, not too sure what the answer would be from Toyota re a sticker that came out almost 30 years ago...

·
Registered
´92 230E
87 Posts
it´s not only camera colour, it´s also slightly different in reality. like i wrote before, it´s semi-gloss and not glossy like the original. think that adds to the colour difference.

but at least it´s with a parts-number, looks similar to the original (compared to the one which replaced it) and when it´s on your engine, nobody will notice!!! and it still looks better than an old wasted one in combination with a redone air filter cap...

by the way, there are a lot of parts that you can still buy for your W124 which don´t look 100% exactly like the parts build in the 1990s... but at least you can buy them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
They take photos don't they Kevin, and you can select the material before printing, a Panel Beater was mentioning it, quite a handy service...

·
Registered
Buncha W124's
2,091 Posts
So where are you gonna get an original, "correct yellow" decal for the local printer to duplicate? AFAIK there are not any high-res scans available on the interwebs for you to experiment with. Even if they print the color yellow you want, it remains to be seen if the local printery label will hold up to temperatures over 200°F when applied to the engine.

*shrug*

·
Registered
Buncha W124's
2,091 Posts
For one thing, it's not a "local" printer thing...it's somebody back east. There would be choices of material and material ratings. What would be used on the TroyBilt stickers that are exposed to UV, gas, oil and heat I'm sure would be adequate for the air cleaner. Plus you're erroneously assuming that I'm that interested in having this done in the near future.

Two ways to do a "scan":somebody buys the current sticker and the printer plays with the color for a dup or, someone donates an original from a JY etc. You're making it sound like it's an insurmountable problem just for the sake of an argument. This is a waste of time because you know it can be done if the desire and #'s were there. If you're hoping I'm going to take your bait and do it to prove some macho boast, seek elsewhere.....I don't work that way. :rolleyes:

Kevin
Anything is possible and yep, what you describe above could be done. But seriously? What a royal PITA!! All because you can't accept a factory (not aftermarket!) decal that's a shade lighter in color than YOU think it should be? Hours and hours of work trying to duplicate something that can be bought new for THREE DOLLARS plus shipping? Stick your bait where the sun don't shine, pal.

For everyone else: These decals were NLA for years, but they are available again via the Classic Center. Unless you are obsessed with identical CMYK that is.

:baby bottle:

141 - 160 of 183 Posts