Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 2323 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E-320 Cab 103k, 1994 E-420 108k, 2007 Trailblazer SS 74k & 2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon 53k
30 Posts
View attachment 603530

:mad: It's hard to believe that the dealerships would install this junk...
Also, I removed my ugly gold hubcaps (my car has the infamous "gold" package) and they revealed huge circular scratches...:crybaby2:
Hi there,
My E420 has the same garbage.. I was going to have my upholster reinforce them, but decided that I'm taking them off. So when Pick Your Part junk yard had there half off sale I was able to find the same door panels without that crap and I popped them off and I'm going to install them and trash the other ones. Good news for you, if your looking do the same Ecology Junk Yard is having a half off sale this Saturday the 28th "only" but if you don't feel like going through the hassle let me know what color your interior is and maybe I might be able to help you out if I come across the same ones. Regards and Happy Holidays, Ronald...

·
Registered
2005 C230 Coupe (V6 7G Tronic)
53 Posts
Hey guys,

I snapped a few shots of my 300E 24V after i installed a AMG gen3 bumper and some DRL. What do you think?
This is a beautifully elegant car! I'm not sure about the boot lid but it is so unique I want to see more and find out more about it! Can you post some close ups of that window like thing? Is it a custom thing or one of those add ons?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 W204 C180 estate, 1995 A124 CE220 convertible
14 Posts
This is a beautifully elegant car! I'm not sure about the boot lid but it is so unique I want to see more and find out more about it! Can you post some close ups of that window like thing? Is it a custom thing or one of those add ons?

Thanks!
I'm glad you like it :)

I found the boot lid on the Swedish version of Craigslist. I'm not sure if it's a custom job or if they were sold by some tuner firm like Lorinser. It is built from a standard lid at least. Here are some pics of my restoration job.

·
Registered
318 Posts
*** Internet Find - 1987 300D ***

This car was found during a Google images search. A beautiful example of a 1987 300D, if I may say so myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm glad you like it :)

I found the boot lid on the Swedish version of Craigslist. I'm not sure if it's a custom job or if they were sold by some tuner firm like Lorinser. It is built from a standard lid at least. Here are some pics of my restoration job.
Oh thank you for posting the extra pictures! I have seen this before! On your pictures, at that angle, it looked like two long horizontal windows "into" the boot. Like a hatchback! LOL!

I agree, it is a very unusual design and I am still not sure on which side of the fence I am about it.

You car is beautiful and elegant though!

·
Registered
53 Posts
They both look spectacular! I love the white cab, so fly! Always wanted a white W124 but all the ones i find have the horrid blue interior :S
I had a white 320e and it was not by choice but because of availability hehe. It had a tan interior which is fairly typical in South Africa. White with tan interior. There aren't that many 320e in SA and sadly there was nothing like the 420/500. Now that is a beauty!

To this day I still want to get a dark coloured E320 cabriolet!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a white 320e and it was not by choice but because of availability hehe. It had a tan interior which is fairly typical in South Africa. White with tan interior. There aren't that many 320e in SA and sadly there was nothing like the 420/500. Now that is a beauty!

To this day I still want to get a dark coloured E320 cabriolet!
Yeah, the trunk lid is really hate it or love it ;)

I actually have a dark E220 cabriolet, there are some pictures of it in the coupe/cabrio picture thread and in this gallery:
Garaget | Mercedes E220 Cabriolet (1995)

She is a beauty :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
*** Internet Find - 1987 260E (UK) ***

Another beautiful Eurospec example found via a Google images search. A 1987 260E.

Gotta love those Eurospec velour seats!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, the trunk lid is really hate it or love it ;)

I actually have a dark E220 cabriolet, there are some pictures of it in the coupe/cabrio picture thread and in this gallery:
Garaget | Mercedes E220 Cabriolet (1995)

She is a beauty :)
That is a beauty! My ultimate would be to own the 3.6 version. I don't know why they never released it with as a 500.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is a beauty! My ultimate would be to own the 3.6 version. I don't know why they never released it with as a 500.
I suppose they didn't want it to compete with the 500SL. A real shame though, I think especially the w124 coupe would have looked amazing with the 500E flared fenders. I never quite liked the SL of that era, to wide grill and to short wheelbase for my taste.

That beeing said, I don't really find my E220 to be underpowered. Since it's a cabrio and I like to keep it super clean I drive it like an old lady ;)

1801 - 1820 of 2323 Posts