Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2323 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Picked her up a couple of weeks ago. Still needs some work. Im picturing it with 17in monos and a slight drop.
I have the identical car (different color) in Bend Oregon, has been my daily driver for 6 years, I'm the second owner.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Hello all, i'm new to the W124 forum, but not the Benz World Forum i have a w201.i Recently found a man that was going to give a junk yard a perfeclty good running 300e .I told the man that i would take it off his hands and he said okay. long story short i gave him a dollar and he gave me a perfectly running 300e.
I am also ls swapping my 190e that i have, and i also have a few shots of the 300e on there. if y'all could get it watch that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
https://www.youtube.com/user/SW49ZILL4

1989 190E
1993 300E

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello all, i'm new to the W124 forum, but not the Benz World Forum i have a w201.i Recently found a man that was going to give a junk yard a perfeclty good running 300e .I told the man that i would take it off his hands and he said okay. long story short i gave him a dollar and he gave me a perfectly running 300e.
I am also ls swapping my 190e that i have, and i also have a few shots of the 300e on there. if y'all could get it watch that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
https://www.youtube.com/user/SW49ZILL4

1989 190E
1993 300E
cool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Meet the Ripper

Here's my 1994 E420, purchased last year (2018) off Facebook marketplace 82.6K miles. A little work put in this year: new front springs and shocks, antenna mast and antenna clutch, bluetooth phone adapter, eBay CD changer, mirror switch, ignition lock cylinder (just in time), repaint front bumper, repaint clear coat front pass. door, eBay set machined wheels (from 1995 cabriolet?), new GY Eagle Sport tires, new Blizzaks on old stock painted wheels, all fluids changed except trans, A/C recharged, instrument panel LED bulbs (warm), intake BG109 system cleaned, hexomat all-season mats, now at 87.5K miles. I had produced the TV spot for MBUSA agency Scali McCabe Sloves that introduced the refreshed W124 as 1994 model to the US market in fall 1993. This is the exact color combination in the spot. The spot introduced a new nomenclature system for all Mercedes-Benz models with (Alphabetic Class followed by numerical displacement), and portrayed the vehicle as the Second Coming.

Attachments

·
W124 Moderator
12,601 Posts
Here's my 1994 E420, purchased last year (2018) off Facebook marketplace 82.6K miles. A little work put in this year: new front springs and shocks, antenna mast and antenna clutch, bluetooth phone adapter, eBay CD changer, mirror switch, ignition lock cylinder (just in time), repaint front bumper, repaint clear coat front pass. door, eBay set machined wheels (from 1995 cabriolet?), new GY Eagle Sport tires, new Blizzaks on old stock painted wheels, all fluids changed except trans, A/C recharged, instrument panel LED bulbs (warm), intake BG109 system cleaned, hexomat all-season mats, now at 87.5K miles. I had produced the TV spot for MBUSA agency Scali McCabe Sloves that introduced the refreshed W124 as 1994 model to the US market in fall 1993. This is the exact color combination in the spot. The spot introduced a new nomenclature system for all Mercedes-Benz models with (Alphabetic Class followed by numerical displacement), and portrayed the vehicle as the Second Coming.
Good job!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is my pre two-tone 300E, the car mostly is still original and I think I plan to keep it that way. 😃

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I still cannot get used to how right-hand cars look inside.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got my wheels refinished and the car lowered 1.3inches. This is my 3rd W124 and I am in love again!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
1995 E320 Coupe. This one has the motorized back window shade(so cool). Previous owner bought it brand new.
107,000Km. Moonstone Grey. Got it from a private estate sale. The surviving family wouldn't just sell it to anybody. They wanted the promise that I would take care of it as good as their late father did. When they found out my background with cars and airplanes, that made them happy. The red 1996 Jeep Grande Cherokee is also "mint".
20161001_122747.jpg
20161001_122807.jpg
20190831_135732.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine's got one of these; it works, but only just. I hardly ever use it, so it's become really sticky going up and down; nothing a dab of machine oil won't cure.
Truth be known. My window shade worked perfect until last winter. The arms would go down but the shade won't roll up. I hand to work it by hand. In the warmer weather the roller tension works fine. Now I got a new problem, the arms go up fine but going down the right side moves quicker than the left so it snags. Again if I work it by hand a little at a time it closes fine. I cleaned the rails and used lithium grease. Same problem so I cleaned it again and tried machine oil. Same thing. I don't use it any more. I saw the video on how to remove it. Turns out you need to be an ambitious retired guy with a ton of time on your hands because it takes hours to get it out. Then you gotta service and test it on the bench. Argghhhh.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Truth be known. My window shade worked perfect until last winter. The arms would go down but the shade won't roll up. I had to work it by hand. In the warmer weather the roller tension works fine. Now I got a new problem, the arms go up fine but going down the right side moves quicker than the left so it snags. Again if I work it by hand a little at a time it closes fine. I cleaned the rails and used lithium grease. Same problem so I cleaned it again and tried machine oil. Same thing. I don't use it any more. I saw the video on how to remove it. Turns out you need to be an ambitious retired guy with a ton of time on your hands because it takes hours to get it out. Then you gotta service and test it on the bench. Argghhhh.

2301 - 2320 of 2323 Posts