Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 3542 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello, all...

I am posting a WANTED advert for a 1987 300D (or TD). I live in Los Angeles, so I am looking for something fairly local (within 100 miles).

I am looking for a car with either a Light Ivory or Smoke Silver exterior, with a tan MB-Tex interior. The car must have the original factory Becker radio. A/C does NOT need to work... I know from experience that finding an older Mercedes with working air conditioning is a tall order, and I have owned two Mercs previously without it, so I am used to doing without A/C. Cruise control also does not have to work, since I've never really had a reason to use cruise control on any of my cars.

I would like all basic power features to work... windows, door locks, sunroof, seats, etc.

I am looking for a clean vehicle, meaning no ripped/torn seats, no cracked dash, no cracked/broken wood, etc. Obviously it need not be showroom new, but I would like the previous owner to have taken good care of it. Paint should be in good condition.

Looking to buy anytime from the end of July up to Christmas. My budget is around $2000. If interested, please PM me. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FS 1994 E320 Cabriolet 5900

Hi there, I have a 94 E320 Cabriolet that has been in my family since new. 93k runs well, new top,tires,wiring harness, and battery. Car runs well but leaks oil 1 quart per 5k miles. Leak is located in the head gasket. Upgraded 800 watt stereo with subwoofer and MB Quarts Speakers with Ipod integration. Car is in fairly nice shape has a few plastic pieces that have been cracked due to UV damage. Car has been garage kept but is over 20 years old so shows some scratches. Located in Orlando Florida. Link to craigslist ad: http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3871963365.html I can be contacted via email neuman2 AT gmail.com

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello

I would like to try running my 87 300d on grease this summer

Please let me know if you have a low priced one for sale.

I may do a single tank

Would love to find someone handy on here looking to install in the NYC - tristate area...

May be good if you are taking it out of your car and able to install on mine..

Thanks for any leads or help in this matter! Bob

Keyword for search:

Grease car wvo svo fattywagon single tank conversion swap installation lovecraft green grease monkey frybrid

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Hello

I would like to try running my 87 300d on grease this summer

Please let me know if you have a low priced one for sale.

I may do a single tank

Would love to find someone handy on here looking to install in the NYC - tristate area...

May be good if you are taking it out of your car and able to install on mine..

Thanks for any leads or help in this matter! Bob

Keyword for search:

Grease car wvo svo fattywagon single tank conversion swap installation lovecraft green grease monkey frybrid

Don't do it Bobby. It isn't worth the effort.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Drivers side white fender

Looking for drivers side white fender for my car. It MUST be the OEM paint.

Arctic white (arcticweiss) - 147

PM me with price and details.

Thank you
Visal

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am aware of that, thanks. I have no idea why they expire, other than to give some government employee a job enforcing the rule.

But I still want one for the period. I promise the government not to use it to haul anything more than a teddy bear.

On the same subject..... air bags have a similar expiration date, and I wonder how many, if ANY, have changed theirs on the 124. I would bet close to zero.

But thanks for the heads up on expiration date rule.

Kind Regards,

Ron
Here's a link on the reasons for not using an expired child seat:

Car Seat Expiration - What to Know About Car Seat Expiration

I have a toddler, and I would not use an old child seat. However if this is for some car show event, fine.

I too wonder about the expired air bags. Will have to check with Mercedes on the replacement costs.

Best, Rod

·
Registered
70 Posts
In the last 6 months my 1995 e300d has been hit by a pheasant, a deer and a teenager. I am in need of ,both a front & rear bumper cover, a rear right door (charcoal grey) and a wind shield.
If it didn't run so good I'd scrap it but it's like the Eveready bunny; it just keeps going and going and going . . . .
I'm still driving it the way it is but it looks rough boy!!!! :>(

Gus

·
Registered
165 Posts
On the same subject..... air bags have a similar expiration date, and I wonder how many, if ANY, have changed theirs on the 124. I would bet close to zero.
I remember reading a while back that Mercedes had updated their stance and removed the expiration date on some airbags. According to this article, it applies to any airbags made after 1992.

Do Car Airbags Expire? - Edmunds.com

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
In the last 6 months my 1995 e300d has been hit by a pheasant, a deer and a teenager. I am in need of ,both a front & rear bumper cover, a rear right door (charcoal grey) and a wind shield.
If it didn't run so good I'd scrap it but it's like the Eveready bunny; it just keeps going and going and going . . . .
I'm still driving it the way it is but it looks rough boy!!!! :>(

Gus
Jesus, Gus.....do you have crows perched in your front yard as well??:eek: You car is trying to commit suicide...

Kevin

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
WTB

I am looking for some OEM 124 parts, PM me with condition and price, thanks!

-Steering wheel for 94/95 W124, could possibly be from other models as long as it's black and it fits!
-Passenger side glass headlight 94/95 style. Would like to buy entire assembly but may consider just the lens as well
-Rear bumper impact strip from 94/95 sedan
-Driver's side front window regulator

Thanks, it's appreciated! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
I'm looking for a windshield for my 92 300ce - my zip is 12309

·
Registered
4 Posts
E 320 Transmission

Hello,
I am looking for my 1995 E320 tranny. If you have one in good condition, please text me at 832-518-8303. I live in Houston-Texas US- Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looking for some misc. parts for my '95:

Sunvisors for a light grey leather interior (illuminated, if there's a difference)
Right front turn signal, facelift style (clear with orange reflector)
Power antenna switch of this style:

Thanks everyone!

·
W124 Moderator
12,602 Posts
Looking for some misc. parts for my '95:

Sunvisors for a light grey leather interior (illuminated, if there's a difference)
Right front turn signal, facelift style (clear with orange reflector)
Power antenna switch of this style:

Thanks everyone!
I have a set of visors and face lifted corners. Pretty sure I've got an antenna switch. PM me if your interested.

Jayare

·
Registered
215 Posts
Went to a yard today. 94/95 E320. Got the two light gray visors and the wood trim off the driver's door. I could go back later and pick up the impact strip/bumper and steering wheel, but I don't have the time right now.
Visors for $12 each, plus shipping.

Headlights and blinker lenses all gone. :-(

Got the left front regulator for myself.

They also have the 2-memory seat switch from the driver's door, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
611 Posts
WTB: Left side mirror cap for a left hand drive sedan. This is the triangular, rubber boot that goes between the painted part of the door mirror, and the frame of the door. They're pretty dear brand new, but are at least available. Thought I'd try here first.

1061 - 1080 of 3542 Posts