Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 3529 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm looking for a pair of front fenders for a 1995 E300D (must have the diesel vents). Any color, but the dark jade metallic would be awesome. If it were within 3 hours drive of Blacksburg, VA, even better, but I will consider anything.

Rob

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
For Sale: Mercedes Limited Slip Differential from a '94 W140 S350 with ASD, no ASR, and 2.82 gears. The output flanges and differential cover have been swapped to fit a W124 400E/E420. This is the factory LSD from a S350.

Installing this gives you 2.82 gears and a LSD differential, but ASR will not function with this diff. I ran this in my stock non-ASR E420 for a year or so. Details of this type of unit can be found by searching on MBWorld.

The stock 400E/E420 gear ratio is 2.24. Changing to 2.82 (which is the same ratio used in the W124 500E/E500) really wakes up the car and totally changes the personality of the car to feel much stronger acceleration wise.

Located in Weehawken, NJ (NYC Area).

$400
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm assuming it's $400 plus shipping? Would there be a way to defeat the ASR if I was to run this in an ASR-equipped 400E?
You can't use this diff in 400E with ASR. The ASR diffs have 2 sensors, one at each output flange. Non-ASR diffs have 1 sensor, the the pinion/input shaft. The two designs cannot be interchanged.

You CAN get a 2.65 or 2.82 diff that will work in a 400E with ASR, just not this one.

The 1243212204 springs are not Sportline, they are standard 6-cyl. The proper 400E Sportline springs are available new, but not cheap.

:frown

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can't use this diff in 400E with ASR. The ASR diffs have 2 sensors, one at each output flange. Non-ASR diffs have 1 sensor, the the pinion/input shaft. The two designs cannot be interchanged.

You CAN get a 2.65 or 2.82 diff that will work in a 400E with ASR, just not this one.

The 1243212204 springs are not Sportline, they are standard 6-cyl. The proper 400E Sportline springs are available new, but not cheap.

:frown
Thanks I owe you again. I need to read up on ASR obviously. Do you happen to know which models would potentially have the 2.65 or 2.82 ASR diff? I'm assuming one of the S class models from that era?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry this is in two places. Hello all. Just picked up a showroom condition 300TE-24 but it didn’t come with the rear facing seats. Looking for a set in grey leather to match. I am in southern Spain. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thanks I owe you again. I need to read up on ASR obviously. Do you happen to know which models would potentially have the 2.65 or 2.82 ASR diff? I'm assuming one of the S class models from that era?
There's old threads discussing this in detail, on this forum and others (MBWorld, 500Eboard.co).

Short answer... 2.65 diff from a 1990-1992 500SL (129.066) with optional ASR is plug+play with only swapping the sensors, as the 124 wires are a few inches longer.

2.82 diff from a 1992-1994 400SE/S420 (140.04x) with optional ASR will fit if you swap the rear cover.

More info is in the "differentials.pdf" file here:
http://124performance.com/images/W124_diffs/

None of these will have LSD, but with ASR, you don't really need LSD unless you'll be spending time on the racetrack and/or play Ken Block on the street.

:eek

·
Registered
60 Posts
There's old threads discussing this in detail, on this forum and others (MBWorld, 500Eboard.co).

Short answer... 2.65 diff from a 1990-1992 500SL (129.066) with optional ASR is plug+play with only swapping the sensors, as the 124 wires are a few inches longer.

2.82 diff from a 1992-1994 400SE/S420 (140.04x) with optional ASR will fit if you swap the rear cover.

More info is in the "differentials.pdf" file here:
Index of /images/W124_diffs

None of these will have LSD, but with ASR, you don't really need LSD unless you'll be spending time on the racetrack and/or play Ken Block on the street.

:eek
Yeah, I'm been reading some of the other threads on here and other forums. Looks like a 2.82 ASR diff wouldn't be crazy difficult to find used. I actually stumbled across that differentials spreadsheet last night, but thanks for the info and link. I don't really need and LSD as you said, I've got the BMW's for that stuff :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
WTS w124 EURO LIGHTS

I have a few w124 lights I would like to sell, see the pics for condition and please make a reasonable offer. I would like to sell the lot for at least $300. I hope this does not double post, if it does - I apologize - in the middle of adding pictures to my original post the entire thing just disappeared before I finished. The glass on all of these looks excellent. I have these same pictures in high resolution, if needed.
Here is the list:
1ea w124 Mercedes Euro Style Headlight - missing the back cover, but otherwise fully functional and intact
1 pair w124 Depo brand Euro Style Headlights (2) - Brand New and never installed. The back cover on one is dirty, I borrowed it for a car I bought that was missing it, and left the original new Depo one in the car when I sold it.
1 pair w124 Tail Lights - fully functional and in very good shape, removed from my 1991 300E

my email is [email protected] or PM me here.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
For Sale: 1992 W124 300E in Menifee, California; Non-Op, Driveable, Leaking Radiator

Hello Forum,
my 92 300E is for sale (don't worry, I got another one). The reason is a radiator leak (you can see in the photo where it sprayed). It's not big, but I didn't want risk overheating it, so it sat. Temp is fine, but that tiny hole sprays cooland into the fan blades and creates quiet a mess.

This is the Craigslist ad:
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/sun-city-1992-mercedes-benz-w-e-non-op/6877924924.html

I am the third owner. I bought it in 2014 from an older couple which owned the car for twenty years. During that time the car has always been serviced by Mercedes-Benz in San Diego. I have two folders with the full service history and notes on what I did. Personally I don't think it's worth fixing because of the rust. I bought a 1995 E320 to replace it. I didn't butcher the 300E since the new car is really complete. The only thing I swapped is the lowered suspension over to the 95. The shocks are toast though. But there are many other good parts. Engine and transmission are fine. It might not look nice, but until the last day I drove it I took care of it and replaced many parts like PS pump, belt tensioner, fan clutch, and more. I'm driving the car once a week up and down the street. So it's driveable if one insists (I have a one day moving permit that allows to drive the car to it's new location)

I'm asking $500. I think that's a fair price for a car this age/condition. Ask me if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go to the local auto parts store and buy some Bar's Leak, or similar radiator sealant, can't hurt might help on a test drive.
Put it in the coolant reservoir, run the engine, it should circulate and may seal the leaks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go to the local auto parts store and buy some Bar's Leak, or similar radiator sealant, can't hurt might help on a test drive.
Put it in the coolant reservoir, run the engine, it should circulate and may seal the leaks.
Thanks, but I'm not a fan of these fixes. I worked on cars where it really messed up the cooling system. What is your experience with them? The car is non-op anyway, so it's not going anywhere for me. The only solution for me would be a new rad, and I decided against doing it. I appreciate the feeback though!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looking for a set of OEM floor mats for my '87 260E.

Palomino. PM me. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think Palomino color may be NLA, but check with the dealer. Black velours floot mats appear to still be available, and look nice with Palomino interior:

$128 list, ~$105 from discount dealers.

https://www.mbdirectparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-vel-black-w124-q6680177

https://www.mboemparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-vel-black-w124-q6680177
Yeah, I'm thinking Palomino ones have been discontinued. I'm thinking about looking for blue ones, or just getting the coco mats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looking for a set of OEM floor mats for my '87 260E.

Palomino. PM me. Thanks!
I have a set in good condition that are in the car I have for sale a few posts up. Since it seems nobody is really interested in buying the car for the love of Mercedes', I might as well take them out. I can take photos later when I'm at home.

·
Registered
93 Posts
WTB w124 rear deck first aid lid

I don’t care about the color. Somebody took the first aid lid off and cut two holes and dropped into crappy speakers. I just want a lid so I can cover it up properly. Please let let me know if you have one in private message me. This is for a 1993 300e.

3461 - 3480 of 3529 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
702 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing