Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3530 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
It is with a heavy heart I find myself in a circumstance that dictates I sell my '94 E320. :crybaby2:
To the many friends that have sustained me in the W124 world, I offer my sincere "Thanks!". :bowdown:

Here are my Ebay and CL ads.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Mercedes-Benz-E320-Sedan-1994-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-Base-Model/222873997116

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/d/1994-mercedes-benz-e320/6523921604.html
GLWS... You've presented the car well and I suspect it will be at a new home shortly...

No reason not to continue participation in the forum by the way..

Jim

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
GLWS... You've presented the car well and I suspect it will be at a new home shortly...

No reason not to continue participation in the forum by the way..

Jim

Too bad one of us isn't looking for another W124, eh, Jim? This one's in the back yard...

GLWS!

Dan

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Curious how she looks Under the seat cover:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
You've got a spare seat Jono...

Passenger yes, drivers no:(

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Just swap the skins...

I don't enjoy upholstery work quite that much;)

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Sometimes You Just Get Lucky

I sold the E320 Saturday. :crybaby2:
Had a bunch of lookers, lowballers, etc., but this fella knows the vehicle and will probably take good care of it. It didn't go far, so I'll be able to keep an eye on it should I decide to buy it back at some point in the future. He confirmed the notion that there aren't a lot of decent units for sale, they were all beat, rusted, or had been sitting too long. Well it's done.

I promised the buyer I'd assist with some repairs if needed. I'd love to find a passenger seat in Parchment to convert to a driver's seat. The one in it now under the seat cover is pretty torn up in a couple of places. I just don't have the time to scour J-yards for that seat. I could recover the seat, but $900 for skins seems a bit ridiculous. I donno, I'll see what the new owner wants to do, he seemed happy with the cover for now, and discussed sheep skins.

Again, thanks to everyone who walked me thru the 4+ years of ownership on the piece, great vehicles with special people driving them. :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Spare Passenger Seat?

Passenger yes, drivers no:(

Atlanta is a bit of a haul from Sarasota, but if you are willing to part with that seat at a reasonable price, I might find way to pull it off.
3am cannonball run? :eclipsee_steering:

I read somewhere that it's a fairly easy swap.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I Blinked And It Was Gone

Too bad one of us isn't looking for another W124, eh, Jim? This one's in the back yard...

GLWS!

Dan
Thanks, Dan!

The stars aligned, and the sale went smoothly.
I was hopin' none of you Florida vultures would circle the vehicle with lowball offers... Ha, ha, ha. :nono:

The new owner needed a golf car, 100 miles a week. I told him I want it back if he ever wants to sell it. Damn difficult to find decent units.

Al

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
WTB - Grille Shell

Looking for a decent pre-facelift grille shell. Don't need the innards, hood ornament, etc., just a solid, undamaged, unrusted shell wth good chrome to replace the rusty one on my 93 400E.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
WTB - Sedan Front Seat Leather in Blue

Looking for a decent used blue front leather seat cover for a pre-facelift (1993) W124 chassis sedan. Passenger seat would be ideal. Looking for an armrest cover as well, but that's unlikely to be found in decent shape.

Drop me a PM if you've got something along with the price you're asking.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Anything To Do With Upholstery Ain't Cheap

talk to an upholster about what leather seats cost.... you'll find out $900 for *new* Mercedes leather is actually a fair price. and man, new 124 factory leather is sweet.

I DID chat with an upholstery guy, and yea, MB leather is probably quite nice. I just can't get past the $900 when the value of the vehicle is so low to begin with. :banghead:

·
Registered
594 Posts
N/A diesel wanted

Just picked up a 95 E300 for a few hundred bucks but it needs an engine. Anyone have a spare or leads on a lone engine looking for a home?

3181 - 3200 of 3530 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
703 Participants
dadrab
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing