Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3531 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have a 1987 w124 300e front full bumper assembly in light gray and darker gray? I cannot for the life of me find one on Ebay or Amazon. Only bumper covers.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Pick & Pull yards

Does anyone have a 1987 w124 300e front full bumper assembly in light gray and darker gray? I cannot for the life of me find one on Ebay or Amazon. Only bumper covers.
There has to be dozens of Pick & Pull yards around the country, and other junk yards as well may have access to a front bumper via their network.

I've bought many parts from my local junk yard over the years, and if they don't have it they go on line with a system that shows availability across the country.

If no one on the forums steps up, head to your closest junk/salvage yard, or simply pick up the phone and start calling them. They have resources you aren't aware of.

Don't forget about similar years, I would guess all front bumper assemblies up to the year 93 are the same. So don't get hung up on an 87 only, and the color you may have to take what they have and repaint. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
New bumper covers will require painting and swapping parts over. As mentioned in the previous post, search for a used one. You want a 1986-1989 bumper for an exact match of the gray color.

1990-up had the bumpers painted a color which contrasted the body color, and will likely require painting to match even if the donor is "gray". I'd be shocked if you couldn't find a good used 86-89 bumper; they are just small enough to ship UPS or FedEx Ground, but expensive due to the size. Best to find one locally.

Tip: Update your profile with your location... nobody can tell if you are nearby to help out, or if you live in Timbuktu.

:|

·
Registered
32 Posts
Search the 500E forum for more info on Madera. Prices may vary a bit based on the exact piece of wood but in general I think it's $200-$300 each as a ballpark. Now that a lot of the woods are NLA, Madera is pretty much the only option.

:frown
As a point of reference, I had Madera refinish the following on my car :

+ front center console piece (where the window switches are)
+ front center console tambour
+ front main dash piece (where the HVAC controls are)
+ ashtray
+ ashtray surround
+ rear center console tambour
+ rear center console piece forward of the tambour doors

for $1095.... just about a year ago. I'm exceptionally pleased w/ the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Attn: Seattle area folks,

M Motors in Shoreline, WA (16731 Aurora Ave N) has a '94 or '95 TE sitting on their lot, if anyone is interested. I only saw it from the road, so don't know anything about it other than it is grey and looked (from a distance) pretty good. Dealer might be sketchy, though...just thought I'd mention it for Seattle area peeps,

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I think you can buy just the mirror part on ebay.
Remove yours and glue replacements in.
Those visors are (relatively for W124) expensive

·
Registered
24 Posts
These seat covers were in a 87 260e that i bought this past weekend. I was going to throw them in the washing machine and put them on ebay. Not sure on price. Its a complete set for front and back with head rest and arm rests covers. They are actually in really good condition just a little dirty. What do you guys think a fair price would be? The picture for the back seat I just laid them in there and didn't tie them down to make it tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
These seat covers were in a 87 260e that i bought this past weekend. I was going to throw them in the washing machine and put them on ebay. Not sure on price. Its a complete set for front and back with head rest and arm rests covers. They are actually in really good condition just a little dirty. What do you guys think a fair price would be? The picture for the back seat I just laid them in there and didn't tie them down to make it tight.
$50?

I would give you that for the set. If you're interested, drop me a PM and we'll work out the details.

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking for:
Item: W124 Driver door shell. Also interested in a set of 18” AMG monoblocks
Description: Preferably in black, just need the shell

Email is the best form of communication for me, thanks!: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
reword

Looking for:
Item: W124 Driver door shell. Also interested in a set of 18” AMG monoblocks
Description: Preferably in black, just need the shell

Email is the best form of communication for me, thanks!: [email protected]
I think you are meaning to say this;

Looking for:

1 - W124 Driver door shell, preferably in black, just need the shell.

2 - Also interested in a set of 18” AMG monoblocks.

If so, what style of 18" monoblocks are you looking for? There are several different styles. See attachments for general types.

Personally, I wouldn't run 18" wheels on a 124 unless it was a 500E500 that can accept a larger tire. I've run 18" Mon II's on my 300CE and the tire sidewall profile is so low the wheels are very prone to pot hole damage.

I've since gone back to 17" and 16" on my NON-500E 124's. If you like the looks of Mono I or Mono II, they come in 17" in offsets that will fit a 124.
SLK's had the 17" Mono I's, and CLK's had 17" mono II's.

For Non-500E applications keep the front wheels no wider that 7.5" and 8.5" in the rear, even then you may get a little rear rubbing. Looking for non-staggered sets of (all 7.5" front wheels) with offsets at 35mm or so, is a much better fit.

This large wheels thing has been tried over and over again by new comers to the 124 arena, and most learn the hard way like I did. I am now having refinished a set of 2 piece 18" Opera II wheels, that I got on a straiggt swap for 17" Mono I's a few years back. The lips were all rubbed from trying to fit these very large wheels on a 124. These Opera II's will be mounted on one of my 500E's next spring.

Also attached are some pic's of my 124's with different wheels, just for reference. When you do pick out something to buy, then sizing really becomes important, particularly offset. Whichever wheels you buy, try to keep them at 17", 7.5" wide in front, and offsets in the mid 30's to low 40's.

Good Luck in finding some nice wheels...

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
SOLD!

3141 - 3160 of 3531 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
703 Participants
tuttebenne
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing