Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

221 - 240 of 3529 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
500e is a very great car to own and drive i tell you from experience, my father has owned two, one of them being well cared for and well equipped with brabus rims and a great sound system.. :)
Yes I know this....my Indian spiritual guide said I need one....my life depends on it.:D

Kevin

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes I know this....my Indian spiritual guide said I need one....my life depends on it.:D

Kevin
lol:thumbsup:, thats the attitude my friend.. best of luck with the 500e, youll be sure to enjoy it.. just make sure to keep up with the maintenance as it is not cheap.. specially wiring harness, motor mounts are special.. air cooled.. and throttle body is not cheap either.. besides that.. great car to drive and the power is amazing

:D

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
lol:thumbsup:, thats the attitude my friend.. best of luck with the 500e, youll be sure to enjoy it.. just make sure to keep up with the maintenance as it is not cheap.. specially wiring harness, motor mounts are special.. air cooled.. and throttle body is not cheap either.. besides that.. great car to drive and the power is amazing

:D
Yeah, the plan is to find a car where all the major OE failed stuff has already been addressed. Of course when I get there and actually see/drive the car, all bets are off....I'm bad that way. Then when I get it home, everything wrong is immediately apparent. Better to go with a disinterested enthusiast who can rein me in.:eek:

Kevin

·
Registered
67 Posts
94 MB E320 Sportline Coupe For Sale

Reselling my baby, previously decided to keep it: '94 E320 Sportline Coupe, has 150K, runs great, wiring harness has been changed, well maintained, no leaks. Started a new business and have to part with the toys (for now). Open to offers. PM for more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wanted: S124

Item: Well maintained (history) W124 Wagon - Gazoline. Reasonable mileage.

Location: I live in Montreal but I'm looking for a car that spent its life in a southern sate. I don't mind traveling the distance although California would be a little too far!! :D

Price: Upon condition of the car, mileage, work done etc....

When: May / June 2012

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I love the avatar ^ I'm sure you're aware that the S124 shares some hydraulics in common with Citroens. Good luck with your search

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love the avatar ^ I'm sure you're aware that the S124 shares some hydraulics in common with Citroens. Good luck with your search
I do indeed! I even came across a post on a UK forum about a S124 owner you drove Citroen CX's and was saying that the S124 ride was close to the CX. That really drew my interest. Sadly the CX is a money pit!
Thanks for the Avatar compliment ;)
Just noticed that you too drive a Vanagon! Such a brilliant vehicle too.

Franck

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
I absolutely love the ride in my S124, even though it's lowered. The SLS is firm but not unyielding. You'll find that there are a lot of S124 owners here on BW who are almost fanatical in their appreciation for these wonderful cars. Given your location, I think you'll need to be prepared to travel to either the Southeast, or someplace here in the PNW for a solid rust-free example.

I've always had a soft spot for Citroens, especially the DS. My S124 and Vanagon are the best two cars I've ever owned.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I absolutely love the ride in my S124, even though it's lowered. The SLS is firm but not unyielding. You'll find that there are a lot of S124 owners here on BW who are almost fanatical in their appreciation for these wonderful cars. Given your location, I think you'll need to be prepared to travel to either the Southeast, or someplace here in the PNW for a solid rust-free example.

I've always had a soft spot for Citroens, especially the DS. My S124 and Vanagon are the best two cars I've ever owned.
Traveling is even part of the fun, so no problem. as long as it doesn't take 4 driving days to reach Montreal!
I never driven or have been a passenger in a W124 let alone an S124. I based my choice purely on pros & cons and owner's feed back. I'm looking forward to having my own!

As per the DS..... nearly 5 decades later, it still triggers everything but indifference! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I have one s124 that you might be interested. Charcoal grey/balck leather interior. No rust 150,000kms, 7 seater Just an extra car for me. I have a few of them around.. :)
You can pm me for pictures or more info.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I had been noticing a rumble/clanking sound. I thought it was originally coming from the bell housing.

I had started to burn some coolant so I started to tear into the head.

When I was taking off the crankshaft pulley to replace the timing chain guide, I realized that the harmonic balancer was in two pieces! I never even thought that could have been a problem. I have never seen a rubber and metal idle dampener.

Also may want to borrow/rent a puller for the crankshaft hub.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Hey guys if you can't find any of the non-resistor Denso T20EP-U plugs, I got some for sale on ebay :)

I'll give you guys a family forum discount quote, so PM me :)

Mercedes 300E / Denso T20EP-U Non-Resistor Spark Plugs x6 (SIX) Tune up kit M103 | eBay

Can be a little tougher to find these days...

Other option too is dealer H9DCO, but who knows how much they are...Every year they seem to go up at least $1/each...2 years ago $3.60 then last year they were $4.52/each when I bought a set...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Giveaway 1991 300E 4Matic body components.

For Giveaway
Item: 1991 300E 4Matic Body Components
Description: Rust free body
Location: McLean, Virginia - you come and get it. No shipping.
Price: Free

I am near completion of stripping my 1991 300E 4Matic of every part that can be removed (and I am keeping for spares). What is left is an essentially rust free shell, minus the driver's door and left quarter panel. In other words, if it is bolted, glued, screwed, or snapped on it is gone with a very few minor exceptions.

I don't like to see good things go to waste. The front clip, for instance, is too good to simply sell for scrap, but that is what will happen to it if no one is interested. The entirety will be sold for scrap if, shortly after I finish pulling the drive train and suspension no one speaks up. I can help cut up the frame if necessary, but I would prefer you do it.

PM me if you are interested in any part of this.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
hey, can you post up a pic of the lower engine compartment crossmember--the one that supports the engine mounts. I'm curious to see the 4Matic version for comparison

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Yeah, that's the confirmation I've been looking for. When I was stripping a 2WD estate recently it occurred to me that the crossmember would interfere with the 4Matic axles. I'm still curious to see how the engine mounts were handled on those models.

221 - 240 of 3529 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
702 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing