·
Registered
2,061 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
1994 Mercedes Benz E320

anyone want to save this car ?
Generally (not always) cars that have had fake badges applied need all kinds of deferred maintenance and are only being sold because there is a fatal issue. My guess is either the wiring harness or the transmission is headed south.

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
I emailed the guy

he said its all AMG original parts.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Mercedes-Benz Model 124 Service Manual on CDs

My question: Is this CD set same as the one we can access through the DIY section of this forum? Or is it something a lot more comprehensive?
It is the same as what is posted online, for free, by Mercedes. There is nothing "more comprehensive" without digging up ancient print manuals or microfiche off eBay and even those would not add much beyond what is in the PDF's online.

Click the link below, then Workshop Resources, then Service Manual Library:
https://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/

Or, use the much nicer HTML interface here:
http://www.w124-zone.com/downloads/MB CD/W124/Main.html

It's all the same stuff from the CD, just posted on the interwebs.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I emailed the guy

he said its all AMG original parts.
I would agree, the badges are all original AMG...just not to that car. Biggest clue is the engine. Clearly not a V8, like the E60 requires.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It is the same as what is posted online, for free, by Mercedes. There is nothing "more comprehensive" without digging up ancient print manuals or microfiche off eBay and even those would not add much beyond what is in the PDF's online.

Click the link below, then Workshop Resources, then Service Manual Library:
https://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/

Or, use the much nicer HTML interface here:
Model 124 Maintenance Manual Index

It's all the same stuff from the CD, just posted on the interwebs.
Thanks.

jftu105

·
Registered
257 Posts
looking to update the headlights on my 1989 300CE, anybody have the updated headlights with the wipers still attached? thank you

·
W124 Moderator
12,601 Posts
looking to update the headlights on my 1989 300CE, anybody have the updated headlights with the wipers still attached? thank you
Finding secondhand Euro Headlight assemblies with wipers is going to be a real hat trick here in the US. You'll get the up-date you want much faster and less expensively by purchasing DEPO knock offs on ebay and buying solid blanks to fill the gap.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Finding secondhand Euro Headlight assemblies with wipers is going to be a real hat trick here in the US. You'll get the up-date you want much faster and less expensively by purchasing DEPO knock offs on ebay and buying solid blanks to fill the gap.

Good Luck
All he needs is facelift headlights, and I have plenty of those I can sell him. Unfortunately, finding the wiper motor and blades at JY is much harder.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Generally (not always) cars that have had fake badges applied need all kinds of deferred maintenance and are only being sold because there is a fatal issue. My guess is either the wiring harness or the transmission is headed south.
This.

I avoid almost any car with cosmetic (bolt on or stick on) "improvements".
Especially tacky ones

·
Registered
257 Posts
All he needs is facelift headlights, and I have plenty of those I can sell him. Unfortunately, finding the wiper motor and blades at JY is much harder.
is there anyway i can use the wiper motor that i have currently with the car with the newer lights? if i were to see an e420 at the JY and take the entire assembly would the light fit directly in or do i need to modify anything?

thanks!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

Good Luck
X2... I like the early W124 front end with the euro lights and no wipers so much both of my cars have the lights. My 300E has the Bosch and the 300TE has the Depo lights and honestly I can't tell a difference.

Before

After

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
is there anyway i can use the wiper motor that i have currently with the car with the newer lights? if i were to see an e420 at the JY and take the entire assembly would the light fit directly in or do i need to modify anything?

thanks!
The pre-facelift motor will not work on the facelift version. In addition, you will need (I think) to get the facelift metal facing that resides inferior to the headlights due to different placement of the hole in it. The E320 and E420 have interchangeable parts for this.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Items for sale

I have pictures of items all grouped together. If you want additional, or close-up, pictures, please P.M. me.

The rims are 7x15, ET37. They will not fit a W124 with the V8 calipers, not sure about fitting the smaller calipers. $400

I have both the 5632 and 2933 wiring harnesses. $225

WOT (Widen Open Throttle) enrichment $150

Roller Boxes $50

Headlights $75, Lens only $30

Side lights $30

Wood pieces vary in price

P.M. for additional info. If you want a piece, but feel the price is too high, it never hurts to make an offer. Prices do not include shipping cost.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
FOR SALE 1987 300TDT WAGON INTERIOR:

I have most pieces of the original palomino tex interior.

No headliner
Wood is in rough shape but have all the pieces
Full carpet set, just dirty but it should clean up nice
Door panels
All cargo carpet/panel pieces
Sun visors
Various plastic trim
Seat belts
All seats, including 2nd and 3rd row. However, I did reuse both FRONT seat frames, only the tex is available there.

Shoot me a PM if interested in a specific bit and I'll let you know if it's available. I'll be pulling parts to get pics this weekend, so it may be first of the week before I can provide a photo.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Also anybody parting out a wagon? I need the rear trunk liner for the 3rd row seat...

2061 - 2080 of 3540 Posts