Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you like to change your filters out? Do all 124's have 2 fuel pumps/filters? Do you also recommend changing out the brass bushing washers every change of filters? Thanks.

·
Registered
E220 1994
72 Posts
Manual recommended every 80000km. My experience is that if that is not an expensive/difficult job, change it. I found my 85000km 95 old filter already clog so much that it is quite difficult to blow through my mouth. THis will eventually increase the load to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else? these fuel filters are huge! My 91 300e requires 2 of these monsters. I usually go about 15-20k miles on my american vehicles. At nearly $28 per filter for my 300e, just want to know the max interval for the change. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to respond to your original question. Not all 124's originaly came with two fuel pumps according to the service manual, but It was part of a service bulliten, so they should all have them now. Only the realy early ones (part of 86 if I recall) came with just one. As for replacing the fuel filters, having just done it on a car that It was left too long I would recomend no longer than 30k persoanly. I noticed a huge difference in driveability and throttle response, and have noticed simmilar changes in the past with cars that have CIS injection systems.

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, im w/ you on that ksuzan. I just replaced the Wix fuel filter on my ford super duty and that unit was pretty hard to blow through too, and i was right at about 30,000 miles on that unit. If the dealer tells me to change a filter at a certain interval, i usually change them in half that time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts