Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1173 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
So this is what happened 2 weeks ago. Looking to buy a replacement. 94 or 95, in USA. Any leads appreciated. PM me thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
man, another one down. there's not that many cabriolets in the world :(

my mechanic has been gettnig parts off one being scrapped locally by a bodyshop run by a friend of his.. and his personal car, a blonde/white one is suffering severe plastic rot and may not be long with us.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
So this is what happened 2 weeks ago. Looking to buy a replacement. 94 or 95, in USA. Any leads appreciated. PM me thanks!
hey, you still have the car handy? there's a very obscure part I need... you know the little 'wing flaps' that come up on either side when the top goes up? under them, there's this stainless spring loaded pull arm, and the bottom of that little pull arm snaps onto a ball thats swaged into the main arm lifting the top. the stainless pull arm has a little socket, not sure if its plastic or metal, that snaps onto the ball, I need that socket. its a tiny thing, like 2-3mm. these can best be accessed with the top halfway up, and both the tonneau and rear window bow up in the air. I can take a picture if that will help.

IM me or something if you can help me here.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts

im sorry for your loss
I love my 300ce more than I love some members of my family

that sucks big old donkey balls
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c23769&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c6213&zip=10032&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

nothing on the east coast

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
It is the same story with the diesels, those who know cherish them and don't sell them. Mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The 2 V12s will be kicked out of the house way before thinking about letting go of the diesel.

I think the reason for the larger availability is the dreaded NLA factor of the majority of Cabriolet unique components, namely the roof, interior trim, etc.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
fresh coat of wax

applied a fresh coat of wax
did the same to my cobra

Attachments

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
this weeks snaps

pollen was brutal this week
took some pics at my local duck pond
:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey, you still have the car handy? there's a very obscure part I need... you know the little 'wing flaps' that come up on either side when the top goes up? under them, there's this stainless spring loaded pull arm, and the bottom of that little pull arm snaps onto a ball thats swaged into the main arm lifting the top. the stainless pull arm has a little socket, not sure if its plastic or metal, that snaps onto the ball, I need that socket. its a tiny thing, like 2-3mm. these can best be accessed with the top halfway up, and both the tonneau and rear window bow up in the air. I can take a picture if that will help.

IM me or something if you can help me here.
hah! I'm trying to find the ball!! mine opens just fine, and I can close it by manually hooking the arm onto the socket--just giving me OCD that it's not perfect :((

1141 - 1160 of 1173 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
359 Participants
JuanTwoFore
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing