Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1173 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I recently dragged this one home – for restoration. A 1994 320CE Sportline 4 Speed in my favourite colour & interior combo. 111k Miles with full history, clean HPI check etc. Genuine 17 HWA124 AMG wheels came on it. Non runner for 5+ years (ECO Junk) but I’m working on ridding it of that a getting it back to life! I really like the look of h12enh's coupe above with the AMG kit - that's the aim on this one too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
1988 300CE

I just picked up this totally stock 300CE. Original SoCal car all original. It is real straight and interior looks like new. I will be doing a full fluid change, brake pads and filters. I am thinking about putting my E55 Monoblocks on it......

Attachments

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
I just picked up this totally stock 300CE. Original SoCal car all original. It is real straight and interior looks like new. I will be doing a full fluid change, brake pads and filters. I am thinking about putting my E55 Monoblocks on it......
Great find..What year is the car?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Car is 1988. Sorting a high idle issue...it was the little wheel on the idle micro switch worn down so that it would ride up over the linkage and not close. New switch and back to 750 RPM!

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
coupes rule

2017 updated
300ce and my 1996 mustang cobra supercharged coupe (430HP at the crank and 387HP at the wheels)

the 300ce has a color painted grill and duck bill spoiler for 2017.

but Im focused on the cobra, an awesome car to drive.
:|

Attachments

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
all four

not to forget my 2012 civic and my 2015 f150 (V8)
every car has a purpose
2012 civic- daily driver and econo car
2015 F150 - winter and towing
1996 Cobra - Go fast
300ce - cruising

life is good
:grin

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
A124 Post-PDR

The only flaws this car had upon delivery that I couldn't handle were some PDR-able dings. That situation was properly rectified yesterday by my local wizards of dent removal (they had previously made my W220 look new again).

Attachments

·
Registered
8,089 Posts

here is a fresh pic for 2018 - with my supercharged Cobra

it was 42 degrees today so I washed all my cars (even the cars in the garage get dusty)

Attachments

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
The only flaws this car had upon delivery that I couldn't handle were some PDR-able dings. That situation was properly rectified yesterday by my local wizards of dent removal (they had previously made my W220 look new again).
That is a very nice cab you've acquired. Let us in on the "unicorn" details, miles etc.

Jayare

·
Registered
65 Posts
That is a very nice cab you've acquired. Let us in on the "unicorn" details, miles etc.

Jayare

-1995 MY car with only 84k mi!!!
-Original everything....even stereo although it came installed with Kenwood iPod control/CD unit
-Oklahoma City car, with some time in Pennsylvania and Ontatio, but never seen salt (growing up 1HR south of Lake Erie, I know where to look for rust ;) )
-The high-ticket repair item on these cars-the top hydraulics and mechanism-work like new...Canadian owner had them rebuilt
-Was sipped like a glass of champagne...Canadian owner only put 10k mi on it over three years of ownership! Pennsylvania owner put about same over five years (supporting no road salt theory). Original owner averaged a mere 5,500 mi/year
-Only thing not working is "lamp out" system...troubleshooting that here. Everyhting else that is normally broken (triband power antenna, seatbelt retractors, A124-specific "convenience module") work well!

Besides having the diff. resealed and a new diff. mount hung, the only real money I have spent thus far has been a set of new Goodyear Eagle Sport all seasons. It will be...challenging...to keep to the promise I have made with Hagerty to only drive this beauty 2k mi/yr.

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
Choose your miles carefully! If you aren't aware, we have cab specific links in our DIY sticky.

Jayare

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
feb 2018

took her out yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
looks great and they are BRABUS !

1121 - 1140 of 1173 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
359 Participants
JuanTwoFore
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing