Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
560 SEC, W124 300DT 4-Matic, C123 230CE, W124 300TDT '95, C123 300CD Turbodiesel
102 Posts

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,140 Posts
I actually have a set. :D
I imported my diesel coupe from Germany and they didn't take the plates of. :S

That is a HUGE line of W123. :eek:
Would be cool to be there.
I thought the diesel coupes were only manufactured for import to the US market.
What was yours doing in Germany?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz C123 "300CD" 1984
197 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Quick question - how do the German/Euro plates mount to the front (euro) bumpers? I've only seen pics of the slots in the euro-spec bumpers, but never any bracketry for the plates themselves.

I may be purchasing some euro bumpers soon and I have a custom German plate I'd like to use with it. :)

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
where can I get a set of German plates?
Tried to send you a PM (to avoid hijacking this thread), but your inbox is full.

So here's what I was going to send you...sorry if I'm hijacking this thread:

I've gotten a few German plates from grtpl8s.com - Great Plates - German Custom personalized license plates - TUNING cars BMW PORSCHE VW MERCEDES AMG all GERMAN cars, both authentic and custom. I can send you pics of the plates (and plate frames) I've gotten from that site, if you'd like...just let me know.

Alex (the guy who runs the store), even managed to get me a German Mercedes dealership license plate frame. Tell him Darren from Alaska sent you, he'll take care of you! :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Quick question - how do the German/Euro plates mount to the front (euro) bumpers? I've only seen pics of the slots in the euro-spec bumpers, but never any bracketry for the plates themselves.

I may be purchasing some euro bumpers soon and I have a custom German plate I'd like to use with it. :)
On Euro bumpers you can mount them with 2 knobs or 2 knobs and a chrome plate.

The picture above of my dark green coupe is without chrome plate.

Chrome plate:

With chrome plate is the best since it makes the number plate look more integrated in the bumper and straight.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Looks good w/ the chrome plate. Now how does the chrome plate mount to the bumper? I noticed the euro bumpers have big slots in them, presumably for a bracket of some sort, or maybe some bolts.

Thanks for the pics. I've always like how European cars look with these plates!

·
Registered
197 Posts
You mount them with 2 screws, that you screw into two knobs that sits on the bumper. The screws goes through both chrome plate and sign plate. So its very easy and basic. You can vaguely see the screws on the car above. =)

Chrome plate is nice, I got to get me another one for the diesel coupe ;)

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Not to stray too far off topic, but since we're showing off our cars...attached is a pic of mine. I've got a custom German plate on it right now that matches my Alaska plate's number.

I love euro plates, but I have reservations about the look with my ugly US bumpers and headlights. The plastic plate frame screws into my slightly modified US license plate bracket (drilled two holes) as to not be completely visible w/ the German plate. I didn't want to shorten the bracket in case I decided to put a US plate back on it.

Thanks for the Euro bumper/plate mounting info, Karl-Wilhelm!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts