... so my Beast told me today ... what happened to my 'A' Service?<br>
<br>
(I've got 12,200 on the clock of my '01)<p>fl-del1c-102.pbc.adelphia.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re:

What's up Drew???? My 'A' service is on Tuesday of this week. How funny is that????<p>we-24-130-121-36.we.mediaone.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Vic ... wasn't I supposed to go through the 'A' before the 'B' too? (more)

<br> I hit the 'I' button in the center console between the front seats (my 'free' year of TeleAid expires next month ... and I've been thinking of questions to ask so I can call and get my full 30-minutes worth!). I asked the attendant why my Beast didn't tell me to go in for my 'A' service before the 'B'. She said my car just didn't need to have the 'A' service performed ... so I guess it just wasn't necessary. <br> <br> OT: I read one of your reply's below about your 'journey O'tires and wheels' ... just thought it was too funny that one day you got a flat tire, and instead of just getting the tire repaired or replace, you sink 10-grand into new rims and rubber: talk about an addiction! Us boys and our toys!<br> <br> I actually love the factory suspension setting. I can't afford to buy two-cars (luxury and sport), and my Beast just does it all for me ... but I can't imagine having a more-firm ride than the factory set-up in my daily driver. <br> <br> <p>fl-del1c-102.pbc.adelphia.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drew....

I am not sure why you got your 'A' service skipped?? That is weird. The 'A' service is basically just an oil change and fluid top off. What kind of driving do you do??- streets or freeway driving because the way you drive your car usually determines the service interval. Mine took forever to come up and I drive only freeways- I have changed the oil twice already just to make sure the engine is in perfect condition.<br> <br> My 55 is my daily driver too and I put on some heavy miles at times. I couldnt deal with the factory suspension- too soft for my tastes. I love the grip I have hitting turns on the expressway at speeds over 110 MPH!!<p>we-24-130-121-36.we.mediaone.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats why Baskin-Robbins makes 31-different flavors ...

<br> ... not everyone likes it the same way (suspensions too!).<br> <br> I drive equal street and highway miles. I don't abuse the Beast (and I 'ring-her-out' at least once a day). <br> <br> I guess if something was wrong, the Beast would let me know.<p>fl-del1c-102.pbc.adelphia.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No A service here either

I did one oil change at 3K, then went according to the FSS. The B came up a while back, but never the A. <p>INET

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: B service

Sorry for busting in to this forum..I have MB myself but not an E, Anyway Drew, you are not skipping your A service your computer just telling you that your oil is still good that why you passed the 10,000 miles mark on your regular Odometer. You probably drive your car mostly on highway..that's why your oil sensor sense that your oil is still good. You said you have 12,200 on your odo as of now and I can bet you have about less than 2,000 miles on your FSS odometer. It doesn't mean that when your odo. passed 10,000K<br> you skipped your A service. NO, the dealer still performed your A service when your FSS odo reach less than 1,000 miles per say 999 miles thats the MB policy. The other way to check is when you check your FSS miles it should show only 'one' wrench meaning you still on A service mode and if its two wrenches meaning B service mode. Check it out Guys. Sorry again for my long post.<p>goodingpc.nosc.mil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts