Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love having this option in the car. is it possibe to add it on later? has anyone used a mini-adapter for this purpose?

·
Registered
2008 SLK 55 AMG, 2006 Lexus IS 250, 2009 GL 320 Bluetec (Wife's)
15 Posts
I am interested in that too. I just picked up my E550. I thought 115V was part of the P2 package but turns out it is a separate option. I would like to add it as well. I will check with the dealer next week.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
I think 2010 P2's have it. My car does. It's a large outlet in the rear ashtray compartment, that the regular Cell-Phone charger doesn't seem to fit right in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The 115V is a standalone option not part of any package. When we ordered our W212, we added it as a $115 option. What's confusing is that it is not listed on either mbusa.com or the W212 brochure as an option. Only way we came across it is on the dealer search printouts of various W212 the Internet Manager was showing us as we were searching for our vehicle.

FYI - Ventilated Seats on the W212 E350 is now an option but it is on "delayed availibility". I read this on the find print on the brochure.

MB needs to keep their website more updated.

·
Registered
MB E350 4Matic; P2, AMG Wheels; Driver Assist
43 Posts
MB needs to keep their website more updated.
No kidding. I'm absolutely amazed how lax they are! They refunded me $760 for the sports package since I couldn't get a sport steering wheel (with the driver assist package).:( A simple footnote on the build website would fix the problem...still hasn't happened. The BMW website is higher quality and they maintain it. I must say though, I enjoyed receiving the refund and my e350 is great.:)

·
Registered
2010 E350, 2012 ML350
17 Posts
I love having this option in the car. is it possibe to add it on later? has anyone used a mini-adapter for this purpose?
If this is important to you why not just buy a cheap little inverter that plugs into the lighter socket in the back seat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts