Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had problems with my vito cutting out after first starting in the mornings.Obviously a air/fuel problem. Changed fuel filter but then spent all day trying to start it.Bit the bullet and took it to merc dealers. They changed the seals on the fuel regulator and fitted a new leak off pipe (all costing £236!!!!!) Started great this morning but then 25 miles down the motorway just cut out! Called AA who said its got air getting in somewhere so took it back to mercedes. What else could it be? Could it be what they did yesterday or will they tell me its something else? Should i pay again if they say its something else or say its their fault?? Really thinking about getting a new van for the warrenty cover but only have about £6000 to pay for one. Would it be worth buying a new van such as a berlingo or doblo?? By the way my van is a 52 plate 110cdi

·
Registered
Vito 113
347 Posts
Hi Andyvito,

I wouldn't go for the Doblo that's for sure - very slow and very noisey. Obviously if it turns out to be something different than the fuel regulator & leak off pipe then try and get you money back. The best thing to do is speak to the workshop manager and see what he says. The commercial Mercedes-Benz dealerships have always seemed quite fair from the experiences I have had.

Benz Bling

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Benz Bling said:
Hi Andyvito,

I wouldn't go for the Doblo that's for sure - very slow and very noisey. Obviously if it turns out to be something different than the fuel regulator & leak off pipe then try and get you money back. The best thing to do is speak to the workshop manager and see what he says. The commercial Mercedes-Benz dealerships have always seemed quite fair from the experiences I have had.

Benz Bling
You mean try and barter??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres an update: they have checked fuel filter set up, replaced leak off pipe, replaced seals in fuel regulator, replaced tank sender unit, took for test drive and then it cut out! Theres still air getting in and they are to continue on monday! What else is left??? Been offered a vauxhall combo 04 with 48k for straight swap but would that be wise???

·
Registered
Vito 112 CDi year:2001
303 Posts
Hang on in there. Give it a few months and at this rate your merc dealer will have replaced everything for new on your van trying to cure it.

When I had my air fuel problem I attached a hand pump to the fuel line, as if to prime the filter, and listened for the sound of air being drawn in. Using an engineers stethoscope may be an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts