mph 119.31

new 275/35r18 bfg drag radials
k&n filters
snorkle tube
nos dry shot 50hp

·
Registered
35 Posts
As a novice with these cars I've got to ask. I know what K&N filters are but don't know what a snorkel or "NOS dry shot 50 hp" are. It sounds like Nitrous Oxide I guess. Where does one get the filter and snorkle? Thanks.

dwtboss - 3/6/2005 1:34 PM

no ecu or pulley... just k&n filters, snorkle tube and drag radials...

dyno#'s
496 rwhp
572 ft lbs tq

·
Registered
2003 e55
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my best motor pass is 11.98 @ 115mph 1.77 60'
ive been running a nos dry kit that i made using a kit from tnt (texas nitrous technology tyler texas) i use 2 spray nossels in the snorkle tube right before the filter box and they are hiden under the pulley cover.. i use two .31 jets and i checked the air fuel using serveal different size jets and this is the max i would run... i will post the dyno sheet with the air fuel ratio and my time slips as soon as i figure out how to do this...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info. Small dry shots seem to return 2x or more their rated power on supercharged cars, mainly due to the cooling effect it has on the air charge. And I bet your setup cost 20% of what most tuners are charging for a pulley/ECU upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats DWT! Until you, I had the fastest E55 time on dragtimes.com (11.65). Are you thinking about doing anything else to it such as Kleemann, Renntech, etc.? Do you think that NOS on one of the modded E55's might make it a 10 second car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Skywagon - 3/6/2005 10:42 AM

As a novice with these cars I've got to ask. I know what K&N filters are but don't know what a snorkel or "NOS dry shot 50 hp" are. It sounds like Nitrous Oxide I guess. Where does one get the filter and snorkle? Thanks.

dwtboss - 3/6/2005 1:34 PM

no ecu or pulley... just k&n filters, snorkle tube and drag radials...

dyno#'s
496 rwhp
572 ft lbs tq

NOS is a company that makes nitrous oxide kits for vehicles. There are two basic kinds of nitrous systems - wet and dry. A wet system involves spraying both nitrous oxide and fuel into the engine, producing a more potent kick of horsepower (and allows for a greater amount of nitrous to be used, in general). A dry shot only involves routing nitrous to be sprayed into the motor (before/near the throttle body, like a wet kit). By "50 shot", he means the amount of horsepower the kit is "jetted" for. Basically, he is spraying nitrous and making about a 50 horsepower increase (though considerably more torque).

·
Registered
2014 E63s AMG
319 Posts
He is using 2 solenoids because dry kits require 2.

Fuel is typically bumped up via the fuel pressure regulator.

I like his setup. Compared to the costly Kleenman or Rentech, he running as fast or faster for alot less

1 - 13 of 13 Posts